For Women: Makeup and Fur-Ripping

Linkat

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 10:44 am
@BorisKitten,
It is a bit of an exeraggation (sp - can't spell for the life of me) - but I have gotten stressed to the point where I did have a bit of tears sometimes. I do generally like where I work and my job, just with the economy people were laid off with still the same amount of work and less people to do it - and expectations are higher to top it off.
Linkat

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 10:45 am
@CalamityJane,
I've used Dove and am using Oil of Olay right now. I just like the slight bit of color it gives me.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 10:46 am
@mm25075,
The self tanners are much better now - there used to be some product I think it was called QT that made you look orange - the ones now are much more subtle.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:01 am
@ossobuco,
Quote:
ms. wrinkled linen...

Teehee! I cheat: wash, dry, then hang it up until it unwrinkles itself.

Sure, this may take a while, but since I get all my clothing at thrift stores, I can afford all the linen I can stuff in my closet.
BorisKitten

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:03 am
@Linkat,
You're right, Linkat. I just read this weekend that people are now working harder, doing free OT, volunteering for more work, etc., for fear of layoffs. And fewer people are doing more work.

Glad to hear it's at least somewhat of an exaggeration!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:07 am
@dlowan,
Quote:
(RE: All-day lipcolor:) It IS a bit drying....but who in the name of perdition has time to worry about their goddam lipstick once it goes on?

To me it's kinda like underwear that crawls up your butt, or shoes that are too tight. I get annoyed when I pay good money for something uncomfortable.
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Mon 8 Jun, 2009 11:10 am
My favorite facial: BC Headache Powder and honey.

I dampen my face, put the powder in my palm, then pour some (grocery store) honey over it. Mix it up, spread it all over my face, scrubbing if I feel like it.

Sit 10 minutes, rinse, and wow! Best facial ever. It's dirt cheap, way easy, controls acne, diminishes pores and wrinkles, and makes my skin soft and smooth. Love it!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 9 Jun, 2009 10:31 am
Some more fun things I have found in the email forwarding world:

UNDERSTANDING WOMEN
(A MAN'S PERSPECTIVE)
I know I'm not going to understand women.
I'll never understand how you can take boiling hot wax,
pour it onto your upper thigh, rip the hair out by the root,
and still be afraid of a spider.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 04:44 pm
@CalamityJane,
Yes I use Dove too!! and I love it....just a gradual build up and it looks natural.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 12 Jun, 2009 05:35 pm
@BorisKitten,
I do that, wash, dry, quickly put on hanger, shake hanger, and that's it. I've about eight linen shirts, a few from back when I had some money, but even those on sale, and five or more from thrift stores in California. (Haven't seen any at the goodwill here.)
I have had a friend who was a single guy, movie director and writer, who would only iron if his life depended on it, and wore absolutely totally wrinkled shirts routinely. That was also around the time I started to like "patina" in my worldly goods, like wallets or furniture. So.. I started to have more humor about wrinkles in clothes or on people's bodies, including my own. Patina, that's it.

Anyway, I still try to be relatively unwrinkle-clothed, but keep my iron for a rainy day in 2025.
BorisKitten

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 03:11 pm
@ossobuco,
There ya go, Osso! One of the (many) cool things about linen, other than it's literally cool, is that the more you wash and wear it, the less it wrinkles.

My mom will sometimes gift me with her linen items, which she has starched and pressed (yuck!), and I swear they wrinkle more than unstarched/unpressed/much-washed linen.

Plus you can hardly kill linen clothing if you try. As for long wear, it puts denim to shame!
0 Replies

BorisKitten

Reply Sun 14 Jun, 2009 03:15 pm
My all-time favorite facial moisturizer is Jojoba Oil. $4 for a bottle that lasts 6 months.

My skin is very oily, and, counter to expectations, this "oil" actually controls my natural oiliness. My skin has never looked better, honestly, and I'm 47.

Dampen face, put 2-3 drops Jojoba Oil on fingertips, and spread all over your face. Works wonderfully well!
0 Replies