is it just me, or is everybody stupid?

sstainba

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 11:51 am
I firmly believe that the majority of the population are stupid. For example, take California. They recently voted down an increase in taxes, but voted for more spending. Their state is near bankrupt. Where exactly do they think state money comes from?
djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 12:14 pm
@Setanta,
i tagged it as international news, politics and religion as an homage to the inane dialogue that permeates those topics (the international news not so much, but sometimes it gets pretty stupid)
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 01:37 pm
@sstainba,
sstainba wrote:
....take California. .... Where exactly do they think state money comes from?

i can't figure it out, and i even live in california. i will say that this is the first time since i came here in the mid 1970s that a recession has had much effect on california's economy. been seeing empty store fronts in areas where you'd never expect it.

unfortunately, it may be that too many people here have bought into the whole "taxation is theft" thing. it's totally illogical.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 01:31 am
Panzade wrote:

the worst part is that many of the very good conservative and liberal minds have bailed out.

You are correct. I haven't seen a post from the intrepid Blotham lately. I do hope that he has been able to control his blood pressure.
0 Replies

lisacox128

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2009 11:14 pm
Yeah, i am totally agree with you.
0 Replies

genoves

Reply Sun 7 Jun, 2009 11:21 pm
Where is Blotham? Has he really gone to Canada to become a Northwest Mounted Policeman? I will never forget his avatar! A strict looking Mountie with a cigarette jammed in his ear!
0 Replies