is it just me, or is everybody stupid?

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 02:32 pm
@revel,
revel wrote:

So, should we come in and announce to one and all that we are stupid so we won't be stupid? I know I have my weak points (more than I care to) and I have a lot to learn and some issues no matter how much I may study; will never understand it. I'm ok with that.

No cliches to trouble anyone's idea of orginality, : Rolling Eyes Might just be stupid though.

maybe tom petty said it best in a little throw away he did once; "oh, yeah, i'm a dumbass baby, right on". Laughing
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 02:38 pm
Must be a real throw away, don't really recall that one of his; then again, don't have the best memory around either. Do remember refugee as I went through a period sort of living it for awhile. (not to make light of real refugee's) Sometimes you think we were born in the wrong period?
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 02:48 pm
@revel,
revel wrote:

Sometimes you think we were born in the wrong period?

at least once a day. Wink
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 09:01 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Why see here chickenhawk,
it's a joke son Laughing
roger

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 09:08 pm
@revel,
revel wrote:

So, should we come in and announce to one and all that we are stupid so we won't be stupid? I know I have my weak points (more than I care to) and I have a lot to learn and some issues no matter how much I may study; will never understand it. I'm ok with that.

No cliches to trouble anyone's idea of orginality, : Rolling Eyes Might just be stupid though.

Du'nno, but your posts reflect a certain honesty.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 09:22 pm
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

Why see here chickenhawk,
it's a joke son Laughing

ah say, ah say.. yeah, i thought it was. cliche/unoriginal.

you still playin?
DontTreadOnMe

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 09:25 pm
yo roger, revel was just stickin' up for a fellow kentuckian. Wink

panzade

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 09:43 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
booked through October...but D-TOM, I wanna ask you something...what in tarnation is going on in those political threads?...all that name callin and fussin and swearin...it never used to be like that
roger

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 10:02 pm
@DontTreadOnMe,
Ayah, but she's way underappreciated, even though I don't recall having ever agreed with her on anything. Just thought I'd say something nice.
genoves

Reply Sun 31 May, 2009 10:32 pm
When a question is asked, such as, is everybody stupid, it is a good idea to define the term so that people know exactly what it means.

stupid--definition--"Lacking ordinary activity and keenness of mind"

The operative word in that definition is "ordinary"

Another way to define stupid is to identify the people who are mentally dull.

This would mean those people who "lack ordinary activity and keenness of minds would be people whose IQ's are under 100.

90-100-slightly stupid; 80-90-more stupid; 70-80-really stupid; below stupid- beyond the pale.

Although some people tend to equate virtue with a high IQ, such is not necessarily the case. A high intelligence does not always guarantee virtue.

Bill Clinton was, as president, one of the most brilliant we have ever had, yet his actions resulted in world wide judgments that he was stupid.

It may yet come to pass that the President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama, will be labeled as stupid. His actions may well result in catastrophe, both in foreign policy and domestic policy.

0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 01:14 am
@panzade,
panzade wrote:

booked through October...but D-TOM, I wanna ask you something...what in tarnation is going on in those political threads?...all that name callin and fussin and swearin...it never used to be like that

very weird stuff. trollville a'la a'buzz from what i heard about that site. one troll has even stated that his only goal is to get every "liberal" to abandon the site. the worst part is that the name calling is catching, whether from anger or frustration. you may not believe it, but even i have used vulgarity towards a few. Wink

actually, i take that back. the worst part is that many of the very good conservative and liberal minds have bailed out. bummer.

a big part of the attraction for me, and i suppose others, is the idea that we can disagree on politics, but still take at least a short break here and there to just talk stupid. laughter is good.

thanks for asking that question. i've been thinking about it for a few weeks. tried a couple of things. but jeeze, some people's kids...

dtom

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 01:15 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Ayah, but she's way underappreciated, even though I don't recall having ever agreed with her on anything. Just thought I'd say something nice.

indeed. still waters run deep.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 05:22 am
sometimes, much like a cigar, a question is just a question

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 05:39 am
@djjd62,
slap! I could've had a V-8.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 06:59 am
@djjd62,
somebody's been reading Freud
panzade

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 07:04 am
@DontTreadOnMe,
Quote:
but even i have used vulgarity towards a few.

...that's what prompted me to ask....you've always been so laid back

Quote:
the worst part is that many of the very good conservative and liberal minds have bailed out.

...I especially miss the good conservative debaters...they used to keep me balanced.

It's great to see your posts...you're one one of my faves....let's keep laughing.
djjd62

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 07:09 am
@panzade,
actually i've been reading bill clinton's memoirs <drumroll>

thank you, thank you, i'll be here all week, try the veal
panzade

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 07:11 am
@djjd62,
thank goodness you haven't been reading Bill Clinton's mind....there doesn't seem to be much left in there.

BTW dj, I enjoyed your reading picks on the other thread
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 11:18 am
@panzade,
thanx much for the nice compliment. same here. and yup, let's keep laughing!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 1 Jun, 2009 11:27 am
I don't understand why this got tagged as international news . . .