Grackle Problem

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 02:07 pm
I can't seem to keep my car clean, the grackles keep dumping on my dark green Ford Taurus. They do not dump on any other car in the area, just mine. The more I wash it the more they mess it up. Is it possible that a grackle is smart enough to realize that I harass them, so they keep messing on my car? I put food out for all birds and squirrels but the grackles steal everything. When they come around I make loud noises, and they fly away. I even tried taping a picture of Susan Boyle on the roof but that did no good either, they just dumped on her picture!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fd/Quiscalus-quiscula-001.jpg/240px-Quiscalus-quiscula-001.jpg
Common Grackles are blackbirds that look like they've been slightly stretched. They're taller and longer tailed than a typical blackbird, with a longer, more tapered bill and glossy-iridescent bodies. Grackles walk around lawns and fields on their long legs or gather in noisy groups high in trees, typically evergreens. They eat many crops (notably corn) and nearly anything else as well, including garbage. In flight their long tails trail behind them, sometimes folded down the middle into a shallow V shape.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,568 • Replies: 2
No top replies

BarbieQPickle

Reply Sat 16 May, 2009 07:09 pm
This made me laugh, I know it's not funny for you but still. I believe the birds can tell, and do it purposely. A friend of mine had a cat and her brother was always mean to it and when he wasn't home the cat would go in his room and pee on his bed all the time, but nowhere else! Is there a tree above your car? They might have a nest in it. How about trying a car cover?
Victor Murphy

Reply Sun 17 May, 2009 04:42 am
@BarbieQPickle,
There is a very large pine tree directly across the street from me. The top of the tree is full of them.
0 Replies