Scarface or The Godfathers? Pacino or DiNero?

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 06:20 pm
Which is the better movie?

Which is the better actor?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,121 • Replies: 8
No top replies

quinn1

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 08:28 pm
IMO the only thing linking these two movies together is that part of the dimension of the characters is they both had power, and in different ways on different levels.
Everyone has their own opinion but, the only reason I would put down Godfather is the push into III that was a bad move, or just a bad movie...whichever...it didnt work. Still a stunning work though.
Both actors have had a long career that has shown many facets of their abilities. In the same way I can only measure them as equals.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 09:05 pm
Godfather
Pacino's body of work against DeNiro's.
But, DeNiro is fantastic, IMO. I thought DeNiro's work in Godfather II was one of the best performances I've seen. Such understated power. Elegant.

I'm not well-versed in acting, and all--but DeNiro seems to come from within--To me, Pacino relies more on outward presentation--but, it works for him.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 09:12 pm
I am watching Scarface right now. It is AMAZING!

TM
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 09:22 pm
I liked Scarface, too. I just didn't think it was as good as Godfather.

Hope you'll share your impressions of the comparison.
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 09:25 pm
Well my comparison will be a little one sided, because I've never watched The Godfather in full. But Scarface has an underdog. It has someone that you can root for. It has Tony ******* Montana!
0 Replies

Corvette Summer

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 06:10 am
Arrow
0 Replies

Child of the Light

Reply Sat 4 Oct, 2003 10:35 am
Scarface is great!

I have watched it 4 times since I got it(which was yesterday). And I still think it is great!

Tony Montana is really cool. Cool
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Thu 9 Oct, 2003 12:37 pm
not doubt that the godfather (i and ii) were better than scarface.
pacino and deniro are 2 very different types of actors. pacino is more intense. better at scene where he has to display outrage. deniro is the more reserved yet powerful figure.
0 Replies