Slow Office 2003 & Compatibility Pack

Chumly

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 12:14 pm
I have Office 2003 and Windows XP.

Every since I tried to load the “Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 file formats” I have had trouble with Excel 2003 (and most particularly Word 2003) being slow to open, slow to close and slow to print.

I have tried everything including reloading the printer drivers, reloading Office 2003, and reloading the Compatibility Pack as well as a number of registry cleaners etc. And yep I always fully remove and clean before reload.

Note that strangely enough the Compatibility Pack never seems to load properly and thus I never get access to the 2007 file formats as promised.

The only thing that helps, and only for a while is to delete the data in the registry as per Microsoft’s recommendation:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Word\Data

I do not want to do a fresh install, nor turn this into a career of troubleshooting partially loaded compatibility software. Yep I have gone through “Add or Remove Programs”, Antivirus , Malware etc and all seems OK.

Here’s hoping there is a simple solution and much thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,875 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Chumly

Reply Fri 15 May, 2009 04:36 pm
No help forthcoming alas……………..my world crumbles like a cookie.
0 Replies