Yahoo And Skype Glitches

Pitter

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 06:41 am
Well I´ve got two problems that probobly aren´t related but I´ll throw them both out together. Beginning about a week ago I can no longer copy from a document or any other source and paste into a yahoo mail message. When I try a window appears saying "windows explorer stopped working and windows is looking for a solution" then the page just closes completely.

My second problem which is also a new development is that my keyboard won´t work when making Skype calls on those occaisions such as "for sales press 2" or "mark your parties extention now". Up till a week ago Skype and my keyboard worked together just fine.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 3,046 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Pitter

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 06:50 am
Well I discovered what the problem was with yahoo mail: When you select "compose" a box appears where you write your message. Above that box to the right it will state "rich text" or "plain text". Copy and paste doesn´t work with "plain text" selected.
Joeblow

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 07:11 am
@Pitter,
Good! You need to get the "selected answer" badge Razz

I'm no help with skype -- never used it, but someone sent me a link recently so I'd be interested in the answer.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 09:38 am
@Pitter,
Did you happen to download the new internet explorer update from Microsoft about 10 days ago?

If not, did any other changes occur on your computer at the time the problem started?

My keyboard shortcuts haven't worked properly for Skype since I did that. The IE update also removed the Skype quick launch icon from my toolbar.

I'm guessing that reinstalling the Skype software will fix the problem but have not yet had the time to try it.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 02:17 pm
They are two separate problems. What I would try first is to do a Recover to the last date your computer was running good. See if both problems are resolved. If not, you can always try to re-download Skype.
0 Replies

LostBlackBook

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 07:39 pm
@Pitter,
Just for the hell of it, see if your hot keys will work.

( CTRL+C
CTRL+X
CTRL+V, etc...)
0 Replies

Pitter

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 04:21 pm
On the skype page I found the option to download the 3.8 version replacing the 4.0 I had installed. That did the trick for allowing me to use my keypad.

I don´t recall installing that Microsft update nor any changes that coinsided with the change. My hot keys seem to work.

Here´s an update. I discovered recently that I could not copy from a document made in Microsoft Works Word Processor and paste into a yahoo mail message when the message area was set to "rich text". Doing so produced a brief message : "windows explorer stopped working and windows is looking for a solution" followed by the page closing. I could however paste into the message area if it was set to "plain text". So then I tried writing something in Wordpad, saving it to "my documents" then trying to copy it then paste into yahoo´s "rich text" message box. Low and behold I can and from any other source too so it turns out the glitch only occurs with Microsoft Works Word Processor .
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 9 May, 2009 07:28 pm
@Pitter,
Installing the Skype update fixed the problem I was having with it too.
0 Replies