Manny Ramirez suspended 50 games for steroids

jespah

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:13 am
My, my, my.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/05/07/manny/index.html?cnn=yes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,837 • Replies: 15
No top replies

panzade

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:16 am
@jespah,
he seemed contrite...Dr made a bad choice for him ...but he(Manny) took responsibility...

who's got him in Fantasy league?? chortle Laughing
ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:19 am
@panzade,
Me.

0 Replies

Woiyo9

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:20 am
@panzade,
Sure. I believe him.

Just like I believe A-Rod, Clemens, Petitte.

Right?
panzade

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:49 am
@Woiyo9,
riiiighttt!
ossobuco

Reply Thu 7 May, 2009 11:51 am
@panzade,
I don't know what I think. But then I didn't follow him with the Red Sox or the folderol with the Dodgers.
jespah

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 06:06 am
@ossobuco,
Well, he got to LA and suddenly last year he hit some crazy-ass average (.350?).
Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 11:42 am
@jespah,

he hit .396, with 17 HR, 53 RBI in 53 games after geing to LAD.
if we extrapolate the numbers over a full 162 game season... it comes out to 52 HR, 162 RBI!
0 Replies

LostBlackBook

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 11:52 am
@jespah,
Since the alternative is to put asterisks all through the record books, and we certainly don't want writers to wear out their little star keys, consideration should be given to allowing sports figures to use whichever performance enhancing drugs that could cause various sports to be the height of entertainment. You have to admit, it would be highly entertaining to see how far they could take it (if it were legal.)
jespah

Reply Fri 8 May, 2009 06:38 pm
@LostBlackBook,
Well, I don't like to see people kill themselves all in the name of sport, all for my amusement. Not saying steroids are uniformly fatal but they are nasty, nasty things.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2009 11:03 am
a little song I found about steroids...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB1U7TDwznM&feature=related
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Fri 8 Apr, 2011 03:35 pm
Shocked
Quote:
Manny Fails 2nd Test; Retires

Tampa Bay Rays slugger Manny Ramirez told Major League Baseball on Friday that he is retiring after being notified of an issue that arose under MLB's drug policy.

The commissioner's office announced Ramirez's decision in a statement but did not say whether he tested positive for a banned substance. Ramirez tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug during spring training and retired rather than face a 100-game suspension, The New York Times reported on its website. Ramirez previously served a 50-game suspension for violating the drug policy while he was with the Los Angeles Dodgers.

"Major League Baseball recently notified Manny Ramirez of an issue under Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program," the statement said. "Rather than continue with the process under the Program, Ramirez has informed MLB that he is retiring as an active player. If Ramirez seeks reinstatement in the future, the process under the Drug Program will be completed."
(espn)
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 05:15 am
Quote:
Manny Ramirez facing battery charge

WESTON, Fla. -- Former World Series MVP Manny Ramirez was arrested and charged with battery Monday
after a domestic dispute at his South Florida home, police said.

Ramirez, 39, and his wife were arguing in their bedroom when he slapped her face, causing her to hit her
head on their bed's headboard, according to a police report. She told the deputy she was afraid the situation
would escalate and called police.

Ramirez denied hitting his wife, according to the report, telling a deputy "he grabbed his wife by the shoulders
and when he shrugged her, she hit her head."

Ramirez's wife, Juliana, had red swelling on her face and a small bruise on the back of her head, the police report
said. She did not want medical treatment.
(espn)
Miller

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 07:03 am
@Region Philbis,
She needs to leave him, PDQ and take their 3 kids with her.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 13 Sep, 2011 09:59 am
@Region Philbis,
I don't think that "Manny was just being Manny" is gonna work this time...
Miller

Reply Wed 14 Sep, 2011 08:57 am
@Rockhead,
Has he lost weight?
0 Replies