It happens in my life. It is so incredible that I need to tell it to everybody.

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 11:50 am
I and my coworker was leaving the school where we work as English teachers some night ago toward the car which was parked at the corner of the street just one block ahead the school. When we were five steps to get the car, I saw six men standing on the path on the other side of the avenue. I stared and said to my friend: I see six men there, what can we do? She said: just enter the car and close the door. At this moment we did everything so quickly that the men on the other side guessed our thoughts. Suddenly, in few minutes those men flied to our car trying to take us out of the car. I got so nervous that my blood seemed to boiling inside my veins. I could think about my actions, I just cried to my friend Go Mary! Go Mary! My friend was trying to start the car but she was pale and so nervous that it takes some precious minutes until the car, like a horse, jump and run on the streets, avenues without respect one rule of traffic. We just stopped at the bridge, because we must pay the toll. When we stopped the car we could look to each other and say: What is this? We could be died now. Then my husband call me by the cell phone and I cried and told him about what happened. He waited for me at the gas station near home. When I got there, he came and hug me first, but then he asked me to talk to my old son who was drinking some beer with him. My son said he had some premonition the last minutes that some bad things were happening with our family. He started to pray for us. He said his head started to hurt too much then the ill jumped to his neck and head. It was so terrible that my husband took him to a drugstore to measure his blood pressure. It was so high that he needed to take a medicine.
I’m sure God heard his pray and made us free from those thieves. God take care of us. God listen our prayers.

Thank you for help me to revise this text.
Mary Gomes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,004 • Replies: 3
No top replies

sullyfish6

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 02:01 pm
Maria - where do you live?

If you teach English, then you know about verb tenses.

Look over your story and see if all the verbs are in the same tense.

Maria Gomes

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 03:58 pm
@sullyfish6,
I live far from you. I know about verb tenses, I'm sorry. When I prepare my classes I pay attention to everything, but this text I wrote so quickly that I became worry about the way I put my thoughts, not about verbs, you know? I know, as teacher I must worry about everything relating to learning. The fact is, this episode I told here happened few days ago and I'm still in panic right now. I'm a fresh teacher then I decided to write in order to develop my performance. Now, after you read my text, I found many other errors. As you can see, it really works.
Anyway, if I'm wrong again you can correct me. I think you are an experienced teacher, aren't you?
Thanks for your help.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 07:19 pm
Ud. maestra de Ingles in Los Estados Unidos? O, en otro pais?
0 Replies