I just watched Rudy -

mismi

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 11:03 am
I love that movie. I have seen it so many times and still - that last scene where he gets out there and gets a chance at his dream makes me want to run farther, faster - better -

I am about to do some serious housecleaning...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 775 • Replies: 7
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 11:07 am
@mismi,
I never heard of "Rudy" and had to google for it. Now I can see why you like
it (as a Mom of 3 boys) Laughing
mismi

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 11:11 am
@CalamityJane,
True, I do lean toward the sport side of things - but Jane - I think you would really like it too...it is so inspiring.

He deals with let down after let down...he gets the crap beat out of him...but he still perseveres...and he gets his dream....just gives you the slightest twinge of hope that if you work hard enough, and don't give up - it might just happen to you...not playing for Notre Dame, mind you - but something that means as much to you as it did to Rudy. SO good.
mismi

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 11:22 am
@mismi,

This is the scene...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 11:30 am
@mismi,
Yes, deep down these type of movies are always an inspiration and encouraging to watch and give us hope that we're not struggling for nothing. I'll see if they have the movie in our library , my daughter would like the movie for sure.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 11:33 am
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

I love that movie.

Me too!
Linkat

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 02:47 pm
@JPB,
Me too! Not quite as good as the Great Mr. Limpet, but close.
mismi

Reply Tue 14 Apr, 2009 02:50 pm
@Linkat,
I am an easy target - I buy into those films and can either crash and burn or float for hours off of them. We watched The Departed last night...not so very uplifting....and OH MY GOODNESS...Saw Knowing the other night. Yikes.
0 Replies