Did you know what you could do with a modded Xbox?

Reply Wed 1 Oct, 2003 03:08 pm
Hi Gang!
I always want to contribute to A2K, especially after the golden treatment I had received from Craven, and the welcomes from everyone else. So, whenever I gain some knowledge (easy, since my brain is empty) I try to impart some. Notice I said impart, not f art.... Smile
Anyway, I've reasearched the Xbox, and the thing is amazing. At roughly $130 or so used, you get a fairly powerful computer with an 8 to 10 gig hard drive, a dvd reader, and a graphics powerhouse, with a P3 733 CPU. Add something called a mod chip, and what do you have? Open access to the power of the Xbox - you can run LINUX (yup), add a keyboard, and more - including running game emulators (to turn it into a nintendo 64, neogeo, gameboy advanced, virtually any atari system, and more more more!) also, with the various mod chips and ILLEGAL bioses, you can copy your STORE BOUGHT games to the hard drive, duplicate your store bought games (archival copies) and again, more more more.
Just thought you might be interested - if anyone is, ask away, and I'll answer as much as i'm able...2 know Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,009 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 03:45 am
Once the warranty runs out on my x-box, I'll have some questions.
Where can I get a chip from for a start?
0 Replies

gadgetaddict

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 11:41 am
Wilso wrote:
Once the warranty runs out on my x-box, I'll have some questions.
Where can I get a chip from for a start?

quick answer - depends on the chip. www.xbox-scene.com is THE definitive x-box mod site, as far as i can tell.
www.xbox-wired.com and a place in the UK called devineo seem to be the places to go - prices range from roughly $35 to $65 give or take - the concept is once the chip does its thing on boot, it doesn't do anything else, so features are actually a bit less important than one might think...
0 Replies

XBOX MAD

Reply Fri 31 Dec, 2004 05:32 am
hi
0 Replies