Warhammer PC Games, 40K, Age Appropriate VideoGames, BlackLegion Imperial Guard, Clueless

Izzie

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 07:50 am
Hey folksies - we have a question!

OK - here's the thing.

Little fella is into warhammer - bigtime. He has all the Lord of Rings (Uruk-hai - 40K Imperial Guard, Space Marine etc) which he superglues together and meticulously paints - spending hours setting them up and so forth) - and is in the Warhammer Club at school - however, he's wishing to play on the laptop.

He's about to turn 12 (ohhhh) and wishes to get a PC game for his birthday. I've looked online and most of the games appear to be for 16 / 18+ years Shocked - found one for 12+years which looks OK ... but I'm not too keen on games which are for much older kids or adults.

He's real savvy with Diablo which was given to him and he enjoys (ugh) and I've got my head around all the gory bits with that.

so, does anyone know anything about warhammer games (I know zero to nothing) for 12year old little fella's. Any advice would be great thanku very much.

We use VISTA O/S.

Iz

<and the little fella>

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,594 • Replies: 3
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:03 am
I don't know those specific games, Izzie, but the people who work at the game shop near my house always have good advice about age appropriateness. I've found them to be pretty spot on when they argue in favor, or against the age rating of the game. They know that moms control the money that comes into their store so they're pretty honest.

The thing they warned me about with computer games and some of the new game consoles is the interconnectivity with other gamers -- you don't really know who your kid is playing with.

If you go into a game shop during school hours it will most likely be empty and you can grill the employees for info!
Izzie

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:09 am
@boomerang,
Yeah Boomer - thanks hun - just had that whole conversation with him about "playing games online" because he wished to go onto Warhammeronline - nah.......errr....don't think so sonny!!!!!

I think he's way too young at the moment - well, there is no dicussion on that point - he is too young - especially online games with adults... oh no, scares me stupid. So, would rather buy a game which at least I know is only on the laptop and he's not interacting with other gamers.

Would have to go into the city to find a game shop - will see what folksies come up with and then will know at least a little about what I am talking about if I need to go to the store.

Thanks gal. x
Rockhead

Reply Mon 6 Apr, 2009 08:47 am
@Izzie,
went to warhammer online site. the game they are pushing is rated "T" (teen) and seems tame enough.

most of the newer games are really pushing the online group games. I find I like older games a little better, and they are not so dependent on team play.

take a look at world of warcraft. (they push the online game a lot as well) but two share character classes at least...

(send me a link if you like, and I can play the demos as a test for you )

(whoever gave him the Diablo should be shot...)
0 Replies