ASTRONAUTS : BRING YOUR OWN TOILETS !

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 03:05 pm
has the cold war broken out again , but this time about space flight "toilets" ?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_depth/7973747.stm

Quote:
The International Space Station, once a place where astronauts would share food and facilities, is said to be embroiled in a Cold War-like stand-off.

A Russian cosmonaut has complained he is no longer allowed to use a US toilet as well as a US exercise bike.

Gennady Padalka, 50, told Russia's Novaya Gazeta newspaper the lack of sharing was lowering the crew's morale.
Worse still, the regulations now required US and Russian cosmonauts to eat their own rations, he added.

"They also recommend us to only use national toilets," the newspaper quoted him as saying.
Among the new crew was US billionaire Charles Simonyi, 60, a software tycoon who paid $35m (£24m) for his 13-day trip, during which he will help with research projects and take part in live broadcasts with schools.
if i had to pay $35m , i'd expect my own bathroom .
paying $49.95 at KNIGHT'S INN i demand my own bathroom !

what's this called : a tempest in a thundermug ?
http://www.halifaxsailing.org/images/ThunderMug.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,459 • Replies: 4
No top replies

kuvasz

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 07:17 pm
they should have "gone" before they went on the trip.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 10:58 pm
Of for Christ's sake why the hell can't they get along and use the same crapper?
hamburger

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:02 am
@NickFun,
surely , you would not expect an american citizen/astronaut to use a "commie" contaminated toilet , would you ?
this cosmonaut eventually will come back to the U.S. and might contaminate all other god-fearing americans .
think about it ! Shocked Rolling Eyes
hbg
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 10:19 am
He probably plugged it up with some weird space poo and wouldn't clean up after himself.
0 Replies