ossobuco

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2010 06:18 pm
@edgarblythe,
Me too, me too.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 23 Oct, 2010 06:55 pm
@dyslexia,
It's always good to have a Reader's Digest expert on hand. When I had to settle my fathers's affairs, I was awash in Reader's Digest hardcovers that my Mom liked, and all the Time-Life books Dad couldn't figure out how to stop once he bought the first. They had a ton of books that were not RD or TL, so with my obsessive collection, the books my husband hordes and the wonderful collection from my late brother-in-law, I have no idea how many are still in our house and would need to hire someone to count them for me. It might be easier to weigh them.

We tried to recycle the 5 sets of encyclopaedias that we had between us, but the two retired librarians would agonize when they walked their dogs past our house on recycling days and made me feel like I had left out baskets of 3 day old puppies and kittens, so we resorted to sneaking them to the recycling center in the dead of night. Even the library didn't want them, trust me I tried
0 Replies