Is anyone watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles on TV

rosborne979

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 11:42 am
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:
Director listed as "McG" a kind of affected pseudonym nickname for Joseph McGinty Nichol who directed:

I thought I already posted this but the writer is John D. Broncato who was responsible for "The Others," "The Net," "Catwoman" and a bunch of TV shows. "The Others" was a wannabe "I see ghosts," "The Net" a mediocre thriller and "Catwoman," well you win an Oscar and the offered a lot of bilge for big money.

I think Terminator fans are now in deep ****. I don't think it's going to be a prequel but a death knell for the series unless this motley crew all-of-a-sudden become what they are obviously not.

That list of credentials doesn't sound too good. Is there anyone else in the production team who might be able to swing the story/filming in a more hopeful direction?
Lightwizard

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 11:59 am
@rosborne979,
Here's the link to the IMDb listing:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438488/

The only thing that appears to be able to save it is the actors but if it's too permeated with humdrum CGI and the director doesn't turn himself around on being able to get emotion out of his actors other than screaming at lighting techs, or if the script is just bad, there's little hope. Better to be surprised that it's better than expected but is it worth the trip to the cineplex? The first reviews will be interesting.

All the good sci-fi of recent years, even "Transformers" which was permeated with CGI, has a good script and the actors carry the ball, hard science or fantastic science. "Transformers" is also based on hard science even if it was meant to entertain the younger crowd.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 24 Apr, 2009 02:51 pm
@Lightwizard,
Trasformers was very good, but it shined with style more than realism.

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 12:45 pm
@rosborne979,
E Online has the poll results for "Save That Show," and TSCCs is no. 1 by a landslide, "Chuck" came in a distant second.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b121595_fans_have_spoken_save_terminator.html
rosborne979

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 01:00 pm
@Lightwizard,
Wow. Any chance it could result in an actual resurrection? Or was it all just a futile exercise?
Lightwizard

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 01:43 pm
@rosborne979,
From all indication, there's a chance of renewal.
rosborne979

Reply Sat 2 May, 2009 09:25 pm
@Lightwizard,
Fingers crossed then Smile

Thanks for the update.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 27 May, 2009 03:20 pm
A few comments from Summer's experience on SCC:

I thought it was interesting that she was scared to dance on film because "it lasts forever".

I always figured it would be harder to perform live because you only had one shot at getting it right, but I never considered the upside of not have any errors captured for eternity.
Lightwizard

Reply Thu 28 May, 2009 01:36 am
@rosborne979,
Revealing interview but the behind-the-scenes discussions on the life of SCC is going to remain a mystery. If I were in those meetings, I could very well see the dilemma of saving or cancelling the program. Quite frankly, I would be a little angry at the writers for using too much crystal meth while writing the last season.
rosborne979

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 03:11 pm
@Lightwizard,
Lightwizard wrote:
Quite frankly, I would be a little angry at the writers for using too much crystal meth while writing the last season.

I liked the last season. It might have been better without Riley and the other girl from the future, but it was still very good. The story line with John Henry and the T1000 and her daughter had a lot of potential.
Lightwizard

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 04:47 pm
@rosborne979,
Believe me, the writers knew the season was the probably the last -- scripts for multiple episodes are ordered almost six to eight months in advance of filming. They rushed through the last six episodes, throwing in a load of teasers so they wouldn't lose what audience was left. They were probably told to write a contingency final episode in January or February and no episodes for a new season were ordered. It's not out-of-the-question that networks have about-faced on their decision and had some alterations done to the final episode to leave a cliff-hanger, ordering scripts for a new season. If there are any unused scripts, there now stowed away like the Lost Ark.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 04:51 pm
I think the Terminator franchise will continue to percolate and bubble up from time to time just like the Star Trek franchise. I think it's an enduring idea with an un-resolvable conflict and lots of potential stories (too productive to ever drop from film for too long).
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 06:49 pm

To MY mind -- my personal taste -- contemplation post-apocalyptic scenarios
r too depressing to accept as entertainment. That 's not fun. Even if u coud clean out
the grit -- its still too far gone; too black.

I rather contemplate joy, beauty, freedom and technological advancement, in a spirit of optimism

David
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sat 30 May, 2009 07:09 pm
@rosborne979,
Star Trek was bolstered by an excellent script, J. J. Abrams and a very well selected young cast. The super CGI and model making was expected but it didn't just hang on that. It didn't do well returning to TV, but Enterprise was at the dawn of HD and in franchise which could explain part of that -- but it outlasted SCC! Syndication is easier with three seasons than two but it will likely end up on the Sci-Fi Channel.

Incidentally, Star Trek is going to topple over $ 200. M this weekend, $ 300. M with the international box office and cost nearly half of what T4 cost. T4 could still hope the international release could muster up some sales figures but like all anything else, you're only as good as your last sale.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 10:35:22