Is anyone watching the Sarah Connor Chronicles on TV

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 Mar, 2009 07:23 am
@Thomas,
That would be fine, you rag-head fellow traveller.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 03:15 pm
New episode tonight, only a few hours away Smile
Reyn

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 08:24 pm
@rosborne979,
Recording it and watching at 9pm PDT. Wink
Lightwizard

Reply Fri 27 Mar, 2009 10:27 pm
@Reyn,
One of the best episodes, ready to branch off into many different directions but still keeping it tight enough to have control.
Reyn

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2009 03:26 pm
Great episode last night, wasn't it? Interesting that Sarah had an implanted tracking device.

I was rooting for Cameron. Laughing
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2009 04:59 pm
@Lightwizard,
Yes, a great episode with lots of new possibilities and new questions.

John Henry: "There is Another"

Who is the "other"?

I'm now wondering if the future John Connor has sent back teams of people to construct their own skynet, before the "Judgement Day" skynet can evolve. I'm guessing that Catherine is there to evolve "The Turk" into skynet, and pure coincidence allowed her to add John Henry's technology to her evolving Turk. Also, Catherine was quick to destroy the warehouse in the desert, so there is another group working to create future technology (like the HunterKiller which came out of the desert pond).
Reyn

Reply Sat 28 Mar, 2009 06:00 pm
@rosborne979,
I suspect Catherine, and similar types, are a second generation terminator.
Thomas

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 12:19 am
@rosborne979,
Quote:

Who is the "other"?

Cameron -- who planted the worm in an earlier episode.
Thomas

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 12:22 am
@Reyn,
Quote:

Yes, she is. In the episode where she destroyed her factory/warehouse, we saw her morph her arm into metal weapons, Terminator II style.
Lightwizard

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 11:14 am
@rosborne979,
I'm catching up through Cooliris and HULA on the episodes I missed. Another cyborg. Guess who?
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 05:57 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Quote:

Who is the "other"?

Cameron -- who planted the worm in an earlier episode.

Which episode was that? I remember one where they used Cameron's chip to affect the traffic grid, but I don't think that was the source of the worm.
rosborne979

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 05:59 pm
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

Quote:

Yes, she is. In the episode where she destroyed her factory/warehouse, we saw her morph her arm into metal weapons, Terminator II style.

We knew Catherine was a T-1001 model from the great "Urinal Scene" several episodes ago.

Also, I'm not sure that was "her" factory. Otherwise why would she have destroyed it, and why ask the guards where the explosives were (wouldn't she have known).
Thomas

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 08:06 pm
@rosborne979,
You make two very good points rosborne.

Yes, I did confuse the planting of the virus with the infection of the traffic grid.

And yes, you are right she would have known about the explosives if it was her factory.
Reyn

Reply Sun 29 Mar, 2009 08:39 pm
@rosborne979,
rosborne979 wrote:
Also, I'm not sure that was "her" factory. Otherwise why would she have destroyed it, and why ask the guards where the explosives were (wouldn't she have known).

Yes, I agree. Is it possible we have two different factions of machines fighting each other, to see who is the toughest and who will survive?
Lightwizard

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 06:18 am
@Reyn,
I'm getting that cyborgs have been sent back at different times by Skynet and once they get there with a mission, they don't know about one another. John Henry's rehabilitation is now identifying other cyborgs and possible some of his targets. I still haven't figured out why they dropped in Catherine -- she remains a virtual unknown factor except for blowing up buildings in the desert (a sub-plot that was just this side of trivial -- maybe that's why the writers blew it up -- it wasn't going anywhere) but I think her real purpose is going to be revealed. It's just, why don't they send back a hairstylist, makeup, fashion cyborg to clean up her act. The heavy, thick mascara don't make her look more alien, the hair doesn't help her cyborg personality and the clothes would be booed on the red carpet -- just a candidate for "What Not To Wear."
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:45 am
@Thomas,
Thomas wrote:

You make two very good points rosborne.

Yes, I did confuse the planting of the virus with the infection of the traffic grid.

And yes, you are right she would have known about the explosives if it was her factory.

Actually, I'm not certain about my own theory yet. A lot of things don't quite add up, unless I missed small clues in the story so far.

If I remember correctly, something John Henry said caused Catherine to go running off and destroy that warehouse, but it's not clear to me how she found it so quickly unless she simply extrapolated from the clues that John Henry revealed to her.

My pet theory at present is that both Skynet and [future] John Connor have sent back teams not only to kill/protect [young] John Connor, but also to alter Skynet's future directly.

I think Catherine is part of future Skynet's plan to facilitate Skynet itself. And I think the "other" machines (including worms in the system) are part of John Connor's attempts to alter Skynet's future.

The T-1000 which came out of the box on the Submarine said that the answer to John's question ("will you join us"?) was, "no". This implies that the future John Connor believes that some aspect of the future Skynet algorithm can incorporate symbiosis (or at least partnership). This may be something he is trying to implant into their system by altering the code which will eventually become Skynet. (on the other hand, I could be completely wrong).
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 07:54 am
Here's another item which I haven't put into place yet:

It seems that the people at the warehouse succeeded in constructing (and then escaping with) what appears to be the first prototype of a HunterKiller (an HK, one of the flying craft seen in the future).

If the warehouse was part of Catherine's operation, then it means that Skynet constructed an HK in the past, and then Catherine destroyed the whole facility because John Henry had detected the operation. (this is possible, maybe she simply didn't have enough detail on the operation to know where all of their demolition material was stored)

Otherwise, someone else built that HK and now has possession of it. If I remember correctly the person who absconded with the HK in the back of that semi trailer seemed to be Human (not a terminator). That might imply that it's not part of Catherine's organization.

Need more data (clues) Smile
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Mon 30 Mar, 2009 08:11 am
I think that John Henry is the "variable" in equation which is going to gum up everyone's plans and lead to some unknown future (the "hand of God" so to speak, in the best laid plans of men and machines... ).

Cromartie was originally sent back to terminate John Connor, but I don't think either side anticipated that he would end up being destroyed and then recovered by Catherine and hooked up to the evolving Turk (infant Skynet), and then educated by a human (Elison). I think John Henry is going to end up being the wildcard in the deck.
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 06:37 pm
OMG is this latest episode good! Smile I was mesmerized even before the opening credits rolled.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 06:47 pm
@rosborne979,
comes on here in 15 mins, I plan to watch it (first time) speaking honestly I will watch only because rosborne says I should.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 10:19:34