Email Software

Mustang

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 04:47 am
Anyone know of email software I can purchase to add 'zip' to my emails? I downloaded Hotbar but removed it after I was told it was a form of spyware. (When will I learn to read license agreements? Question ) Did a Google search--turned up nothing.

TIA
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,094 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Mustang

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 04:50 am
Forgot to add: Win98SE, IE, OE.
0 Replies

yeahman

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 05:37 am
zip?
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 05:40 am
*Disclaimer* I cannot vouch for this service. I once saw a website about this E Mail, and thought it might be fun. I never installed it, so I cannot say anything about it, positive or negative. It has been sitting in my bookmarks for months. You might want to give it a look-see!

http://www.incredimail.com/english/
0 Replies

Mustang

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 08:40 am
Phoenix, I checked out the link you provided. I went through the 'demo', and found it's exactly what I'm looking for. However, I found this: "CNET states: 'a new state of the art email software, and a worthwhile replacement for your current email client.' " I don't want to replace OE, so I guess I have to be content with plain vanilla. Thanks for such a quick response.

ye110man--zip? Ya' know--action figures, more stationery than provided with OE, etc. Such as these thingies: Laughing Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 09:36 am
Mustang you do not need any attachment to do all of that. They make it easier but as you discovered they usually have an unrelated benefit for them.
0 Replies

Monger

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 12:18 pm
This program does what I believe you're after: Alladin Systems ZipMagic

If it wasn't a memory hog it would be my favorite ZIP program I've used.

Some highlights from their details page (Note that its even cooler in Outlook than Outlook Express):
Quote:
"Insert Zipped File" option for Outlook Express & Outlook
This unique feature allows you to zip a file at the same time you are attaching it to your email. A special checkbox appears at the bottom of the file attachment window. Once checked, the file is zipped while attaching to the email.

AutoZip for Outlook
The ZipMagic AutoZip feature automatically sends Outlook email attachments zipped without any additional effort. Simply attach the file to your email and as soon as you send it, the file zips.

Another useful feature of the program:
Quote:
Use Zip Files without Unzipping Them First!
The magic behind ZipMagic is our patented ZipFolders® technology. It makes your compressed zip files look and act like regular Windows folders! So instead of launching a separate utility to see what's inside a zip file, just open it like any other Windows folder. And since ZipMagic unzips and zips invisibly in the background, you can open, modify, and save documents within zip files as if they were regular files. You can even run many programs from inside a zip file!
0 Replies