Life on the Subway

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 02:06 pm
Man, that Jared is a compelling guy, losing all that weight, and getting a cool sponsorship deal. Not only that, Subway offers so many more choices these days. Despite the chain being owned my my cruel avatar's masters, I thought I'd check out some of the new sandwiches that I saw advertised on TV.

I go into my local Subway. They were very nice. "Yes sir, what can I get you?"

So I ask for the Bavarian Yak meat club with the custom-tailored Alpine hot sauce. "Excuse me sir?"

"Well, I saw an ad for it on TV. It looked really good."

"I sorry, we no sell that here."

"Well, I thought this was Subway."

"Yes, but probably different franchise here. Or maybe only in States."

"Hmm, okay, I did find it at another franchise here, I guess you don't have Yak then."

"No sir, you want something else from our menu? Chips and a cookie too?"

"Hmm, hey, wait a minute....it says on your shirt that you are a sandwich artist."

"Yes sir. We must wear these shirts."

"Well, if you are a sandwich artist, certainly you could improvise a Yak club from what you have here....it looks like you have almost all the right stuff."

"I no understand sir."

"Hmmm, just a minute...I'll tell you what. I'll give you some money and a grocery list, and you can go shopping, I'll tell you where, and we can get a close approximation of the Yak club going, k? It's a big seller! Your manager will be proud of you. I'll cover while you duck out."

"If you please sir, I cannot leave my station. I am on Subway duty."

"Hey, buddy, no worries. We're about the same size, let's switch clothes, and no-one will be the wiser. Let's face it, how hard is it to make a sandwich? I'll handle it. Not only that, this experience will look great on your 'sandwich artist' resume!"

I offered to slip him a little extra coin. "Umm...okay, I will do it."

"Cool man. Oh, and don't forget to pick up some Injera, it's on the list. Your bread sucks, frankly. See you in a bit!"

Then the police showed up. Well, that was ugly, not a donut in the house. Luckily, there was a Tim Horton's just up the road.

"My shout, guys!"

A good time was had by all.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 674 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Verbal lee

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 01:14 pm
Hey, this is a riot.
Sub's one of my favorites. Club, with red sauce, but no YAK.
Very Happy

Good one, cavfancier
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 01:30 pm
I like the plain old Subway Club. Those new commercials though, where they just goof on people and then plug Subway, they are irritating to me, so hence, I wrote. Laughing Thanks.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 01:38 pm
I like Subway...but wouldn't mind punching Jared in his fat head.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 30 Sep, 2003 04:57 pm
The wife and I eat there now and again. First time I ever went to a Subway I ordered the hot meatball sandwich. Talk about hot: He put the cold sandwich in the microwave for about five seconds. I was slightly ticked off, but I ate it that way. I just never order the sandwiches that need to be heated after that.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 2 Oct, 2003 11:06 am
Funny story. I met Jared once at a local Subway...pretty smug...
0 Replies