Butryflynet, hello.

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 12:50 am
I imagine you have a lot to deal with, landing here in new mexico.

I invite you to an ice cream I haven't tried either, but long on my list, at a place on Central. If you don't like ice cream, they have other stuff, and there is also the experience of just checking it out.

Anyway, I hope to connect with you.

Damn, re tags, I have to look up the place. Oh, well.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,744 • Replies: 22
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 01:09 am
@ossobuco,
Anyway, maybe Diane and I will spirit you away to find this place, for our own reasons which may involve ice cream or fruit.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 08:43 am
@ossobuco,
Right now, Butrflynet is so tired and bone sore that she couldn't lift a spoon of ice cream to her mouth. You would have to feed her.

Her brother is coming today to help her. She will return the U-Haul truck and car dolly today after she makes a trip to the Goodwill and to the dump with my junk.

Dolly and Maddy dogs are useless in unpacking boxes.

BBB

ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 08:47 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I'm still unpacking boxes and have been here three years. I think I've looked in all of them and am still missing some things. Rearrangement has occurred, re the house, and plans for various sales venues like craig's list and ebay and amazon are stacking up.
- Umbrellas.. did I throw them out/give to St. Vincents? Probably.
- Glass measuring cups - I refuse to buy new ones since I know I would have kept those. I presently use a plastic freebee from Pacco's veterinarian for measuring kibble.
- A painting that I am fond of, a still life of garlic and a bowl of lemons, by Eric Fidjeland, not large, but also not tiny. If I don't upend it, I'll be bereft.

I suppose a box or two could have been taken by my movers, as that has happened to me before, decades ago, but I am doubtful of that. The box decades ago did have treasure in it, and I blame one or the other coke addicted persons back then, the theater director or my business partner's son.. This time it makes no sense, if, indeed, I find that painting missing.

0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 09:32 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, she's from California. You know how those people are.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 09:38 pm
@roger,
Oh, not you too......

(Hi, by the way)
roger

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:05 pm
@ossobuco,
Oh, that's right. You're from . . . uh oh.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:14 pm
@roger,
Well, hey, we do it right in California, except for when we don't.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:22 pm
@ossobuco,
I'm probably californian in my bones. I probably have Chicagoan hair, some Bostonian snot mixed with underclass irishness, and new york city urbanity or, if not that, interest in urban matters.

Dayton, Ohio is what that leaves, and I gather Dayton is now in deep doodoo. I lived there twice, when I was one through four, and when I was twelve for a summer. Top all that with some years in the marijuana capital, humboldt county (not my thing, but I'm not against it), and I visit here as a person of mixed background.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Mar, 2009 10:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Time for me to add that I'm hoping btrfynt gets her own computer sparker soon.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 02:18 pm

Hi Osso.

I have my computer stuff in place but haven't yet found the box that has all the cables and cords to connect it all together. Still need to determine my access to the internet. Need to figure out how I'm going to network our computers together and if it will be wireless or cable.

I unpacked 4 boxes today so far and am going to take it easy the rest of the day. Space needs to be cleared out before I have a place to put my stuff so it is going to be a slow process.

Thanks for the invite for ice cream. Maybe that is something we can do mid week next week after I've had a chance to get a bit more settled. I have your phone number on my cell phone and will call you on Monday to set a definite day and time. You have my cell phone number too so don't be bashful about calling it.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 05:37 pm
@Butrflynet,
Great!

I use dsl from Qwest because a) I'm used to dsl, having dealt with pacbell and then sbc, b) I can't afford cable tv pricing so am thus not interested in cable for the functions most people like. I'm not a big fan of qwest as they have a policy of not supporting Macs, or did last time I talked with them about it, and I have homicidal urges when I call their customer service line with any question about billing, as the recorded voice drives me particularly nuts. D & D use Comcast, and seem presently satisfied with it, but better you should talk with them about it.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 07:06 pm
@Butrflynet,
since you already have cable with modem all you need is a router.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 07:34 pm
@dyslexia,
Switching subjects, the Jiffy Lube near the Chevron station - I forget the street name, but just south of Redlands and Atrisco, on the street that crosses Coors to the Home Depot - does smog checks. This is west of Coors, not across it.
dyslexia

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 07:42 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Switching subjects, the Jiffy Lube near the Chevron station - I forget the street name, but just south of Redlands and Atrisco, on the street that crosses Coors to the Home Depot - does smog checks. This is west of Coors, not across it.
behind McDonalds ($23.00)
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Mar, 2009 07:44 pm
@dyslexia,
Tnx and hi, dys.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 9 Mar, 2009 05:56 pm
@dyslexia,
I think Dys is right on this, I'd forgotten the house would have cable already.
Butrflynet

Reply Tue 10 Mar, 2009 06:59 pm
@ossobuco,
Yesterday I ordered from Amazon a router and the ethernet cables needed to make a LAN. It should be here by the 16th. In the meantime, I already have a couple transcription jobs in the pipeline and am downloading them with BBB's computer and transferring them to my PC via CD and the old fashioned sneaker net for access to my transcription software and foot pedestal.

Got my hair cut and new bank accounts and car insurance set up today (am saving almost $400 a year on car insurance here!). Tomorrow I have an appointment at the DMV for the vehicle registration and driver's license.

Osso, want to plan on ice cream either Thursday or Friday? Let me know which day works best for you. You'll also need to send me the address of the place so I can get directions to it from Google maps. Am doing well finding my way around this area but haven't ventured out across the river yet.

ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 12:10 am
@Butrflynet,
I have an eye doctor day tomorrow, and after that I have to take my car in (whirring sound), not sure which day, may find out tomorrow..
The ice cream place is on central - it's more paletas than regular ice cream. Name is La Michoacana de Paquime, and it's something like 6300 Central. It's a left turn from Coors onto Central and it shows up right away on the left as you go east.

In the meantime, the weather got colder.. So maybe it'll be a pie place instead (thinking of the Flying Star on either Rio Grande or in Corrales, probably Corrales because then I could get a can of olive oil at the Sunflower market nearby (they're the least expensive for olive oil, I buy it by the gallon and it lasts a long time). Flying Star has a lot of different choices. Well, we'll see. Will let you know when I know more.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 11 Mar, 2009 12:25 am
@ossobuco,
So, La Michoacana is at 6335 Central Avenue, phone is 831-0652.
I'll look up the Flying Stars tomorrow..
0 Replies