Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 01:59 pm
Are you aware of the incident happend in Pakistan(Attack on Srilankan cricket team)?Whats the future of cricket especially Pakistan cricket in your point of view?Should world-cup held in Pakistan?
Your reply does matter.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,893 • Replies: 7
No top replies

Foxfyre

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:09 pm
Yes, I saw that on the news early this morning. Terrible event.

I didn't see that Pakistan was at fault for it though. If they were, then yes they should be barred from international competition. If not, then they should not be punished for the actions of others.

My take according to that early newscast is that the act was via a militant terrorist group, possibly al Qaida, which should underscore to all of us that continual care, proactive defense, and awareness is extremely important for us all.
Brightness 4evr

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:16 pm
@Foxfyre,
Do you really think that was Al-Qaida,ok what u think about Al-Qaida what is your thoughts regarding this particullar group
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:24 pm
@Brightness 4evr,
I don't know whether it was al-Qaida. I only saw that al Qaida is among the likely suspects according to the newscast this morning.

I think al Qaida is a radical extremist terrorist group that intends to commit as much mayhem to men, women, and children as it can by any means that it can wherever it can using a radical extremist definition of Islam as their justification. I think it is unimaginably cruel, savage, without conscience, and evil and I think every member unwilling to denounce that agenda should be destroyed or forever confined in a place where he will be harmless to others.

The idea of killing is repugnant to me, but if the choice is between them or the innocent, I vote to protect the innocent.
Brightness 4evr

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:46 pm
@Foxfyre,
And what about the world cup which was decided to be held in 2011 and was expected to be co-hosted by the countries of Asia including Pakistan but now ICC is thinking to change the planed schedule would it be changed or it dosent matter anyhow for crickters to play in Pakistan.
Tell me one thing would you prefere your country cricket team to visit Pakistan would you be satisfied with that?
Foxfyre

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 02:50 pm
@Brightness 4evr,
Hard to say Brightness. Who can forget the murder of the Israeli athletes at the Munich Olympics? Should Germany be forever banned from hosting the Olympics because they failed to intercept and stop those murderers? I would not say so nor would it worry me for my country's cricket team or any other team to go to Germany to compete today.

I would guess that Pakistan would not want a repeat of such violence, and as Germany did, would step up security in a major way to ensure that visiting atheletes would be safe.

If Pakistan could not give such assurance, then I wouldn't send my team. It's as simple as that.
Brightness 4evr

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 02:06 pm
@Foxfyre,
Thanks for the discussion.Through this discussion i knew the thinking of a person about Pakistan who is not a Pakistani i guess , and i must say that your are a straight forward person.
Foxfyre

Reply Wed 4 Mar, 2009 02:09 pm
@Brightness 4evr,
You're welcome Brightness. I hope we live to see a world where we no longer have to hear about or worry about terrible people doing terrible acts.
0 Replies