Frustrating things from Hollywood; Caller ID and Beeping Bombs

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 02:37 pm
Why is it that Hollywood's police and Crime Scene Investigators still don't have caller ID on telephones? Why do they still have to trace numbers by having the suspect on the phone for 60 seconds or more?

Why do Hollywood's criminals still use bombs whose timers make noise so they can be found? Where do they find digital kitchen timers that "beep" with every descending second?

Are there any other Hollywood idiocies that drive you crazy and make it hard for you to suspend disbelief?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 1,792 • Replies: 8
No top replies

roger

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 04:14 pm
@GeneralTsao,
There was once a movie involving a heroic porpoise and toxic waste issues. So help me, the drums of toxic waste were labeled TOXIC WASTE. Now, wasn't that thoughtful of the evil dumpers?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 10:55 pm
@GeneralTsao,
Anything with Sylvester Stallone. I see him get pummeled by prison inmates, slapped hard against the side of a plane, shoot and kill dozens of bad guys from the back of a pickup truck and he never gets a scratch.

The first Rocky and Rambo's were good.
Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:20 am
@NickFun,
Same with Bruce Willis in all the Die Hards
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 2 Mar, 2009 11:21 am
Although I agree with the idiotic stuff - the caller id thing - it is easy to have your # blocked so you can't view it through caller id.
kermit

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 09:59 am
@Linkat,
Agreed with the second caller ID point. Plus in things like Mission Impossible and just about any spy movie, I think it's assumed that they are screening their calls and using anonymity.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 01:35 pm
It's also easy to spoof CallerID and have it show a bogus number.

Some crime drama ought to use that as a plot twist.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 01:39 pm
why do the bad guys never kill the good guy when they have the chance, they explain the plot to him and then leave him with enough time to be rescued or escape and foil the plan
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2009 01:49 pm
Villains (as opposed to criminals) are given to monologing. Surely you've seen the Incredibles?
0 Replies