10 foods people love or hate

martina01

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 12:29 am
@chai2,
I hate eggplant and dark meals..
roger

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 01:24 am
@martina01,
I have never eaten an eggplant, but I'll tell you, I don't like their looks.
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 04:28 am
@roger,
they speak well of you.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 04:29 am
@roger,
SO, ya dont like what I said so ya vote me down? Why you...
chai2

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2011 06:52 am
@farmerman,
Why I oughta....
0 Replies

sharonpustejovsky

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 08:39 am
Here are a few more foods not on the list that I hate: egg custard, bread pudding, rice pudding, breakfast souffle (I love chocolate souffle though), liver, oysters, avacado, and fish.

Raisins I like by themselves or in a trail mix, but put them in a muffin, hot cereal or cookie and they turn into a bloated obstruction to what I'm trying to enjoy.

1.White Chocolate - Compared to "real" chocolate with cocoa it's boring and pointless. Why waste calories on something with absolutely no redeeming value except for the fact that it's sweet? I can think of 100 better choices.

2.Cilantro-I am crazy about cilantro. I can't get enough of it! When I make my own salsa I overload it because there is something about the flavor that that is appealingly fresh.

3. Eggplant- I can't stomach it. I remember my mother making eggplant parmesian and me being forced to eat it. I kept complaining about it making my teeth itch and the rest of the family thought I was crazy. Besides, the texture and flavor are just awful to me, even without the itchy gums quality.

4. Coconut- I love it by itself, as well as mixed in foods and drinks- it reminds me of being on a tropical island.

5. Tomato- I love them raw or cooked, especially in sauces and salsa. The only way I don't care for them is when they're stewed in huge hunks. Gross.

6. Sardines- Strong fishy taste and smell in the worst way. Just horrible. My dad used to eat them right out of the can with peanut butter. Then he would end up talking to me a little too close for comfort afterwards. There actually aren't many creatures from the sea that I really like. Just snow crab and shrimp.

7. Black licorice- I really don't like it. It's even more useless as a sweet treat to me than white chocolate. At least white chocolate is sweet, if nothing else.

8. Stinky cheeses- I like the stinky cheeses in small doses, mostly small amounts in salads, or when drinking wine.

9. Mayo- I have always hated mayonnaise, miracle whip, sour cream, or basically almost every kind of whitish sandwich spread. They ruin the taste of food and overpower what I would have been able to taste and enjoy. And they tend to ooze out of the sandwich when you bite into it. I get so mad at Burger King and other places when I ask for no mayo and someone back there slops it on anyway. Many hamburger joints seem to really love slathering it on!

10. Bell Pepper- I love them raw in all colors the best. When they are baked, as in stuffed peppers, I don't like them as much. They are pretty good in a stir fry.

11. Beets- I love them fresh from the garden, steamed, buttered and salted. Yum!

URL: http://able2know.org/topic/129595-1
ossobuco

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 08:48 am
@sharonpustejovsky,
Welcome to a2k, sharonp.
sharonpustejovsky

Reply Mon 1 Aug, 2011 08:51 am
@ossobuco,
Thanks!
0 Replies

xperimentalchef

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 01:52 pm
I think one of the most hated food I've ever encountered is Durian. I have had restaurants withhold this fruit from me because its just accepted as a 'either you'll really hate it, or you'll REALLY love it". Haha I guess I looked like a hater. Anyone tried Durian before?
ossobuco

Reply Tue 27 Nov, 2012 03:04 pm
@xperimentalchef,
I think some here have talked about Durian - I've never been near it.

I just reread the thread, entertaining, gave me a few ideas along the way too.
But it also made me remember my childhood versus my pretty but not entirely open mind on food now.
I didn't like anything that wiggled.
Thus: tapioca, pudding, cream cheese, spaghetti (laughs), mushrooms in campbell's soup (I picked them out), I would have hated aspic if I'd known about it, cooked oatmeal, and so on. That's probably behind an aversion I have to eggs over easy.. to this day.

I did eat jello. That was probably social, the neighbor family served it and I managed to eat it.

0 Replies

blueml

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2012 12:51 am
I can make her dishes and bowls of it and she will eat that all day. It's all about heredity. Studies have linked liking cilantro to being able to spot the "pleasing" chemical in the leaf.
0 Replies

blueml

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2012 05:08 am
@shewolfnm,
hey broccoli is relay healthy food.
0 Replies

pohutukawa

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 09:03 pm
@xperimentalchef,
I only came across Durian once while visiting San Francisco, thought it tastes like oniony custard, nothing I must try again...They look impressive though
0 Replies

pohutukawa

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2012 09:44 pm
white chocolate: only occasionally if it comes as a handmade chocolate with a nice filling, too sweet in general, but melts nicely in the mouth
cilantro: took me a while to learn to appreciate, now I can't imagine Indian, Thai or Mexican food without it, I even grow it in my garden
eggplant: can't make a proper Ratatouille without eggplant, also very nice as Baba Ganoush
coconut: not keen on the flesh, but I love coconut milk for laksa and Indian and Thai sauces
tomatoes: can't imagine a tomato dish I don't like, best home grown from heirloom seeds, when not in season tinned tomatoes are my preferred option over tasteless hothouse tomatoes
sardines: best sardines I ever ate were fresh char grilled sardines in Portugal, I still eat the tinned variety for their health benefits
black licorice: no thanks
stinky cheeses: bring them on, best as raw milk cheeses from France, a few favourites are Epoisses (as long as it's not too runny), Camembert from Normandy and Munster, unfortunately a very rare treat as the country I live in now only allows a very few raw milk cheeses to be imported, however, there is hope this will change in the future
mayo: only dish I use mayo for is Waldorf Salad
bell pepper: love it raw, cooked and roasted, preferably red
beets: very nice roasted, also as a warm salad with Israeli couscous, Haloumi, herbs and a lemony vinaigrette, or a traditional German salad cooked, quite sour, with onion, garlic, and caraway seeds or raw with orange and whipped cream

now I'm hungry...
0 Replies

ginagreen

Reply Fri 26 May, 2017 12:44 am
@chai2,
Yep, I really dont like the coconut flavor cookies or bread, I dont know why but just hate it.
0 Replies