10 foods people love or hate

dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 03:02 pm
i really dislike Miracle whip but I do use Hellman's mayonaise which I enjoy especially on turkey with dill pickle sammachies.
djjd62

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 03:10 pm
@dyslexia,
Shocked

they got turkey down there, i thought they only had buzzards Very Happy
dyslexia

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 03:12 pm
@djjd62,
djjd62 wrote:

Shocked

they got turkey down there, i thought they only had buzzards Very Happy
it's imported.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2009 03:20 pm
Spam - you either love it or hate.
0 Replies

highhopes

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:35 am
@chai2,
White Chocolate: Too sweet for my tastes

Cilantro: I love it! I can eat it in any dish. lol

Eggplant: I enjoy it

Coconut: I can only eat very little of it. Too much of it in a dish and I start making funny faces

Tomato: I like tomatoes. My favorites are grape and cherry tomatoes because they are sweet

Sardines: Never tried it but just look at it.

Black licorice: I got sick after eating some when I was in elementary school. Never tried it again.

Stinky cheeses: It all depends on the smell. Smile

Mayo: It all depends on the brand and how it is used. I don't care for potato salads.

Bell Pepper: I never liked bell peppers from an early age. Cooked or fresh it's not for me.

Beets: I can only eat fresh beets. No canned beets for me. I'm spoiled
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 04:53 pm
What's your take on these foods?

1. White Chocolate: No opinion I can take it or leave it. My grandmother introduced first this to me at passover time one year. Barton's Candy used to do special bag for Passover maybe as way a to give non-Christian children an Easter alternater. Being raised Methodist this was a chance for me to have extra candy. The Passover bag also had always had a Haggadah book in it.

2.Cilantro: No use for it and would be unsure on what it would be for if place near me.

3. Eggplant: I used to love baked eggplant slices and many other dishes with eggplant. Seeds are a problem. My eggplant eatery has mostly ended except around edges where seeds are not.

4. Coconut: I can take or leave out the coconut. Think it is over rated.

5. Tomato: I love tomatoes always have, seeds are an issue, again like eggplant eat around edges, same with pickles the cat and cucumbers.

6. Sardines: I loved sardines when I had a cat-he would always eat them. I myself really do not care for sardines no matter how dressed they might be.

7. Black licorice: I love love love absoolutely love black licorice. Licorice whips, bites, shoelace licorice, true black licorice jelly beans (be ware of cheap imitationed ones), licorice flavored candy sticks, licorice mint. I never down turn licorice. They add a nice touch on vanilla pudding. Licorice is just about the best flavor in the world-after dark chocolate.

8. Stinky cheeses: I have never met cheese did not like.

9. Mayo: Whether Hellmann's or even Miracle Whip; Mayo of most any brand will do. Can not stand Miracle Whip it tastes awful. My sister aksed me once she asked me which brand I used of mayo and I told her the one on sale. I use only in tuna salad or my tuna macaroni salad.

10. Bell Pepper: I like bell peppers and all peppers including deathly hot peppers.

11. Beets: You never can have too many beets. Beets are especially nicest when placed in a nice borscht recipe.

0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2009 06:17 pm
White Chocolate: Only if it's swirled with the real stuff.

Cilantro: It has it's place on my spice shelf and in the garden.

Eggplant: Orgasmic grilled with lots of olive oil, garlic and fresh basil.

Coconut: Good in Thai dishes, desserts and hand cream.

Tomato: What's not to like?

Sardines: If it's good enough for Thomas the Fawn in The Chronicles of Narnia, it's good enough for me.

Black licorice: Only if I've eaten everything else in the cabinet.

Stinky cheeses: Bring them on and don't forget the crackers.

Mayo: Homemade is best.

Bell Pepper: My favorite is when they are fire roasted and peeled with a little olive oil, garlic and salt. Not stuffed please.

Beets: Only because I grow them do they appear in my salads. Once a year, in late fall, I make borscht with beef bones and always think I really shouldn't bother since no one in my household likes it. Golden beets are nice because they don't make you pee red.
0 Replies

wefallbutoursoulsfly

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 03:04 am
@chai2,
What's your take on these foods?

1. White Chocolate: I don't like white chocolate. It just tastes like sugar and flour and it's gross.

2.Cilantro: I'm actually allergic to cilantro and it's seed coriander. I had it once a few years ago for the first time in an enchilada or something. I took one bite and threw up. I can't even touch it.

3. Eggplant: I cannot get past the texture of eggplant.

4. Coconut: I love coconut. The smell and the taste. My mom makes a coconut pie and it's the best pie I have ever had.

5. Tomato: I used to hate tomato, but enjoy things that were made from tomatoes like ketchup and soup. When I worked at Subway, I put tomatoes on my sandwiches because I knew they were good for me, and now I like tomatoes. Not enough to eat it plain, but in things. I still get a little sketched out by the seedy part, the texture bothers me.

6. Sardines: Gross.

7. Black licorice: No. Never. I hate red licorice too. I can't stand the smell of it either.

8. Stinky cheeses: I just love cheese. I don't care how it smells!

9. Mayo: I used to eat mayonnaise sandwiches when I was a kid, then I stopped eating it and switched to Miracle Whip. Eating mayonnaise used to make me want to vomit, but now I LOVE it.

10. Bell Pepper: I was never a fan of bell peppers when I was a child, but I like them now. They're not a standard, but I like them.

11. Beets: SICK! The smell of beets drives me nuts.

What about kale? Personally, I can't eat kale. I don't know what it is, but I
just gag when it's in my mouth.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 1 Jun, 2010 03:53 am
@djjd62,
1. White Chocolate: don't like it much. Not really chocolate. They can't fool me.
2.Cilantro: Did I ever eat this? Musta. Don't remember.
3. Eggplant: Don't eat it; won't it it. Otherwise it's fine.
4. Coconut: Not a fan.
5. Tomato: Love tomatoes. Surprised to find them on this list.
6. Sardines: Like 'em in a sandwich with mayo, onions, and tomato.
7. Black licorice: Better than red.
8. Stinky cheeses: Some yes, some no.
9. Mayo: Yes, Hellmann's
10. Bell Pepper: Nothing wrong with these.
11. Beets: According to my mother, the first food I actively disliked. I try beets every now and then. Still don't like them.

0 Replies

star-brilliant

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 08:21 pm
@shewolfnm,
it may do harm to your eyes ,if u ated too much eggplants
ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 09:26 pm
@star-brilliant,
Oh, nooooooooooooooo.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 09:33 pm
Welcome to a2k, wefallbutoursoulsfly, and star brilliant.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 09:54 pm
1. White Chocolate: Yuck!!! I don't like most cheap chocolate either.
2.Cilantro: It's good in some food, asian, mexican otherwise, not so much.
3. Eggplant: Had a wood-oven baked pizza once in Mendicino where they used very thin slices of eggplant in place of tomato sauce, I still dream of that pie...
4. Coconut: Love it, especially in Thai rice.
5. Tomato: Love 'em, cooked, fresh, especially from my garden.
6. Sardines: Allergic, but I do love shell fish except I"m not to keen on mussels, to fishy I guess.
7. Black licorice: nope, never.
8. Stinky cheeses: Yup love them too.
9. Mayo: Don't eat a lot of it, but on a tomato sandwich...yummy.
10. Bell Pepper: Love these too.
11. Beets: I heart beets.
Taro - gag me with a fork. uck.
liver, kidney, etc, never never never
Most beef, aside from Alberta grown is awful. Tastes like funky hay.
Coffee - I know, weird. But it tastes nothing like it smells, it's terrible bitter stuff.
Breakfast sausages, hotdogs, salami, most lunch meat like baloney or that pink stuff with pasta in it, or is it globs of oil - horrible
Nuts - I'm allergic, so I guess my aversion is understandable, therefore, most deserts are out too which is great for the waist line, but kind of depressing none the less...

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 3 Jun, 2010 10:31 pm
1. White Chocolate: Love it. Milk & dark chocolate, too.
2. Cilantro: Like it.
3. Eggplant: Hate it. Mushy, tasteless stuff. Yuck.
4. Coconut: Love it. The smell, the taste, everything.
5. Tomato: Love it in any form...raw, cooked, dried, you name it.
6. Sardines: Hate it. Don't like fishy tastes.
7. Black licorice: Love it.
8. Stinky cheeses: Hate it. Can't get past the smell.
9. Mayo: Love it.
10. Bell Pepper: Love it. Green, red, yellow, any color. Raw or cooked. Yum.
11. Beets: Depends on how they're cooked.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2010 06:23 pm
@chai2,
I'll make this simple: I never met a food I didn't like, unless it was spoiled or something like that. And I met all the foods on Yahoo's list.

Byt why would Yahoo omit all the interesting stuff? What about French snails? Thai tree maggotts? Chinese insect eggs?
0 Replies

bieberfever32798

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 03:51 pm
@Bella Dea,
White chocolate is the best!!!!! heve you had it on popcorn??
dadpad

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 07:57 pm
@bieberfever32798,
white chocolate isnt real chocolate
bieberfever32798

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 08:12 pm
@dadpad,
But it is good. Bubble burster!!!!
0 Replies

NettieK

Reply Fri 6 May, 2011 05:02 am
white chocolate is just solidified sweetened condensed milk. It is not really chocolate. Yuk Yuk Yuk.
I am a dark chocolate lover so am terribly biassed. Smile
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 09:30 pm
@chai2,
You left out asparagus. When I was a kid, if somebody was cooking THAT ****, I had to leave the NEIGHBORHOOD. Just leaving my own house and yard wasn't good enough.
0 Replies