Tiger Woods' Absence from the PGA Tour

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 07:57 pm
@Mame,
Mame wrote:
Aren't there more important things to worry about than whether an athlete is using steroids or an actress has had an implant?

Big F'g deal!

steroid use and implants both have health consequences to the user. Steroid use can have consequences for people around the steroid user. You're quite marvellously callous.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:00 pm
Consider me callous if you will - whatever. Steroid users choose to do what they do, as do drug addicts, alcoholics, gamblers, etc. I haven't been talking about the fallout to those around them, just to those that choose it. You can't choose what they do.

And this is not the point of what we were talking about anyway. It was about the legality and morality of it.

Read it again, ehBeth.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:01 pm
@ossobuco,
The east german olympic drug regime led to many sad stories (and in the meantime other people's losses). I'm not adept enough to swing with that that enhancers will be discovered.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:02 pm
@ossobuco,
There's also the whole concept of cheating.
Is that now passe?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:04 pm
@Mame,
Folks with addictions don't always have the physical or mental ability to make the choices you believe they do. I believe we have some responsibility as a community to make access to things which are addictive more difficult. My comments are about the morality and legality of the situation.

I read you very clearly Mame.
Mame

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:09 pm
@ehBeth,
I wouldn't call an athlete who decides to use steroids to enhance his ability an "ADDICT", ehBeth. Nor would I call a starlet who wants to get a boob job, or an actor or housewife who gets a lip injection an ADDICT.

And you can't help everybody. People who are starving, under-privileged, handicapped in other ways, are more important to me than someone who DECIDES on a course of action, be it heroin, steroids, botox, alcohol, drugs, whatever, are more deserving IN MY OPINION of my money. That's what I'm saying.

And I do hope you read me loudly and clearly.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:18 pm
@Mame,
Yes, I get that you think this. Why are you still posting, it was clear.

I have other thoughts, and am still talking if only with self.
Mame

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:20 pm
@ossobuco,
Well, I was replying directly to ehBeth... if you have other thoughts, post them.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:26 pm
@Mame,
With this kind of live conversation ya gotta follow the little numbers. For a bit now, possibly before ebeth, but certainly since, I've been behind the posts, but on that one I was specifically addressing one of yours, which I'll go look up.

I've four or five things to say on the conversation of you two, but by the time I get there it'll be cooked.
Mame

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:28 pm
@ossobuco,
Ho, reply anyway. It's 9:30 where ehBeth is and she may decide to retire to her library. I'm always willing to debate with you, Osso.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:33 pm
@Mame,
The bit she quoted is what I was responding to, but I'm still trying to find it, while distracted.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:41 pm
@ossobuco,
http://able2know.org/topic/129525-1#post-3578656

Ah, I found it, that was what I was responding to.

The interest in the ethics of baseball may vary, but I think it's worth talking about as a subject.

I'm low gauge on philosophic palaver myself, so I've some sympathy for your not giving a ****. I'm also am listening to what is going on about this.
On a2k, we have Slappy on one hand, and dare I say Ragman on the other. I'm interested in the conversation, not just about ARod, but in general.
Mame

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:45 pm
@ossobuco,
I hadn't seen that post, unfortunately. And now it'll have to wait until tomorrow night. I'll read this again when I have the time.

Thanks for the alert, osso.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 09:12 pm
Mame,
I don' t see any immediate connection between hormone/steroid injection or other biologic compounds, and implantation of plastic bags.

They're both intervention, I get that.

But one joins in the body metabolism.

0 Replies