Asked to Write For Another Website

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:16 pm
A website that does news and social issues and also has a forum has asked me to write for them. I have not yet replied. I don't have the experience behind me to be sure it would work out. I really want to do it. I guess it depends the nature of the writing. Anything requiring extensive research would be out of the question, as I don't have long enough days to do that. Plus, I am the kind of person just wants the bottom line and the heck with memorizing all those statistics. Money is not an issue. I am sure I would be doing it for free. Any advice would be appreciated.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,380 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Asherman

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:21 pm
If you write for free, you write what you wish, and when you wish. Anyone who wants to tie you down to a regular column, has to pay the piper. I forget who it was that when asked why he wrote replied, "for five cents a word". I should talk, since I write to the point of boring the pants off half the world and have yet to make a greenback dollar at it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 09:42 pm
I suppose you're right about subject matter. On the subject of pay. a lot of writers who wrote for five cents a word nevertheless turned out some decent stuff. Reminds me of Spencer Tracy advising actors how to be successful at acting: "Look at the camera and say your words."
0 Replies