djjd62

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 07:18 am
Fast Food: Ads vs. Reality

i once stood in line at a fast food place while a foreign woman ahead of me tried to argue that the hot dog she was given looked nothing like the one in the picture above the counter

this page is interesting and a little nauseating

http://www.thewvsr.com/beefcheddar.jpghttp://www.thewvsr.com/beefcheddar1.JPG
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 7 • Views: 3,386 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 08:16 am
Well of course it isn't going to look like the picture. The food in the picture isn't even real half the time.

Course, some of the time what you get doesn't even look like food.

0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 08:23 am
people actually eat that stuff.

im sorry

that blows my mind
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 08:26 am
Most "food" in photographs isn't food at all but plastics and putty, dyed lard is about the closest you'll get to food. Plus, a stylist will individually place sesame seeds to creat the most appetizing pattern. It really is quite an art to create "food" that looks edible.

Of course, with digital photography it's probably all just photoshopped.
chai2

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 09:09 am
"shiny orange liquified pump cheese"

yum yum
0 Replies

rosborne979

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 05:59 pm
@djjd62,
Those are great! Smile
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 06:10 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:
Most "food" in photographs isn't food at all but plastics and putty, dyed lard is about the closest you'll get to food. Plus, a stylist will individually place sesame seeds to creat the most appetizing pattern. It really is quite an art to create "food" that looks edible.

I was under the understanding that by law they need to use the actual food they use to prepare what is served. As a teen I remember reading about the techniques they use. Things like not cooking the hamburger all the way (so it's bigger) and putting sear marks, and how the back side of sandwich is practically empty because they've stuffed it all on the show side etc.
edgarblythe

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 06:18 pm
"It' not fast food. It's Wendy's"
Talk about false advertising.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 06:21 pm
I like the review of Wendy's Baconator.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 08:22 pm
@Green Witch,
Ah, I have to check it for reviews..

Good site, thanks, jd.

I admit to a tamped down attraction to Burger King's fish sandwiches. This can be overcome by making my own sandwiches with actual fish. It's been years since I gave in to this unfortunate craving. Luckily there is no Burger King near me now, that I've noticed.
And back in North North, as I used to call it, there was a terrific sushi/teriyaki etc. place where you could get great food to go at little expense just a block from BK.
Tomo's, if any a2kers are in the Humboldt County area. Fresh, delicious, and fast too.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 18 Feb, 2009 09:37 pm
@Robert Gentel,
Ummm.... I don't think so but I've been wrong before.

I know ice cream is usualy Crisco because ice cream melts under the lights and Crisco doesn't. And I know for sure that one heavily rotated coffee ad was made from molassas and Elmer's glue.
0 Replies