Kissing banned at railway station

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 04:19 am
Kissing is banned at Warrington (Cheshire/UK) railway station - except in kissing zone.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2wmjh4y.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/6nsbbt.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2mpih3c.jpg

The >Daily Express< explains that managers at Bank Quay station, in Warrington, have put up "no kissing" signs on the platforms to stop couples adding to the hectic nature of the morning rush hour. Those who feel they simply must kiss have been advised to move to a clearly designated area. "Even in these days of incompetent franchises, delayed services, inflation busting fare increases and diesel trains, there are few places capable of generating a romantic charge quite like a railway station," the >Independent< reports. "There are some activities that the bureaucrat's diktat simply cannot proscribe. And the long kiss before the train whisks a lover away is one of them. "Warrington station can do its worst, but it will never be a passion killer."

>BBC VIDEO<
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 5,577 • Replies: 9
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 06:16 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Thats up there with a NO DURIAN FRUIT ZONE.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 06:34 am
Quote:
managers at Bank Quay station, in Warrington, have put up "no kissing" signs on the platforms to stop couples adding to the hectic nature of the morning rush hour.

What does it say about English culture that kissing makes its members more hectic than they'd otherwise be? I would have said there's nothing like a good, long kiss to chill out and relax.

PS: Farmerman -- it would be nice if I had your e-mail address so we can talk about the details of meeting up. Can you send it to guthobla at gee emm exx dot net?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 09:03 am
@Walter Hinteler,
US commuter train stations often have a "kiss and ride" lane for dropping off passengers. Glad to see the UK figuring this out finally.

http://i40.tinypic.com/6nsbbt.jpg

Is that guy kissing a stegosaurus?
Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 09:54 am
@joefromchicago,
Quote:
Is that guy kissing a stegosaurus?

I'm sure if Gunga Dim were here, he would say so . . . after all, it bears more of a resemblance to the plates on a stegasaur's back than the marks on the creature portrayed on the Painted Rocks on the south shore of Lake Superior.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 09:57 am
I'm sorry, but this is grossly irresponsible on the part of these authorities. What if little kiddies see adult men and women kissing like that? What if they develop an expectation that Mummies and Daddies are supposed to be affectionate and demonstrative with one another? Surely it is cruelty to raise such unreasonable expectations in the tender breasts of young children.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 10:50 am
Last time I went through Warrington I didn't see much worth kissing.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 17 Feb, 2009 12:45 pm
There's this Italian food franchise here that has a similar policy. In one of their restaurants I saw a sign (I'll find the photo I took of it one day) that says "No amorous scenes" (translated literally from Spanish) with the silhouette of a couple standing and kissing with the bar through it.

I had never thought of getting cheeky in that restaurant until I saw that stupid sign.
0 Replies

phoebe4

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 06:15 pm
These signs made me laugh
0 Replies

One Eyed Mind

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2014 06:28 pm
Lips are for talking, not smooching.

"but muh expression of love!", how much do you want to bet that you kiss more in public than outside of public, because I am willing to bet upon that bet for bet-ception results.
0 Replies