Redhat Society

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 12:25 pm
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:oIsgJDlJuT0C:www.clarinacresstudio.com/redhat.jpg

The Redhat Society

Recently I joined the above ladies and went on my first outing with the Mesquite Chapter, I forget our name, and had a blast - what a hoot.

The only rule of the society is there are not rules which proves when you are over 50 you can do and say what ever you want Very Happy
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 4,208 • Replies: 43
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 12:55 pm
Joanne- Redhat Societies have sprouted all over my town, and naturally, I belong to one. It IS a lot of fun. except for the fact that I look lousy in purple, and I hate hats. I usually end up holding my hat on my lap.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 01:46 pm
Ditto the hat thing that was the hard part.

Purple is OK I guess but red is my favorite. I am really looking forward to new adventures with these women.

Four hours of laughing and giggling it was so good. And
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 01:54 pm
I have the phone number of a woman who wants to start a local chapter sitting on my desk. Now if I can only muster my energies....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 02:11 pm
Do it, noddy! I've heard tremendously good things about this group. A few more birthdays, and I'm gonna find myself a chapter.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 02:24 pm
I am a member of the Straw Hat Society. It's great fun! A bunch of us sit around on the porch, drinking moonshine, smoking our pipes, and, of course, wearing our straw hats. Sometimes we discuss possum hunting, other times we talk about the womenfolk around town, especially the group that wear the red hats.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 02:26 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 02:31 pm
THAT is a straw hat, guzhtopf?
I've always been interested in millinery - I imagine your milliner must be extraordinarily proud.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 03:20 pm
Noddy you can do it really these women are real women and you will not have a problem of.

Betheh when I was buying my hat I was thinking I need Betheh to pick me a really good hat. When you see the pics I think you will be proud of me.

gustavratzenhofer, welcome to A2k, haha, I have been unable to A2k for a while. And missed your procession.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 03:22 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I am a member of the Straw Hat Society. It's great fun! A bunch of us sit around on the porch, drinking moonshine, smoking our pipes, and, of course, wearing our straw hats. Sometimes we discuss possum hunting, other times we talk about the womenfolk around town, especially the group that wear the red hats.

Popes now wear straw hats?
I gotta go to church more often.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 03:24 pm
Joanne--

I've got plenty of courage--the problem these days is energy. I'm counting on the cooler weather to jump-start my gumption.

Meanwhile, I'm glad to have the reinforcement that the Red Hat Society is a congenial group.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 03:24 pm
Ditto Eva but then I guess the Pope get to do whatever he wants to.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 03:50 pm
Noddy - check out the website - i followed the links to one of my local chapters - those women are having a great time!

I can hardly wait to see a pic of your hat, JoanneD!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 05:34 pm
I feel horrible. Here I've been going on and on about the Straw Hat Society and how much fun me and the boys have been having and yet I never bothered showing you a picture of my hat. I'm sure you've been sitting around wondering what my hat looks like. Well, I'm going to show you. It's a hell of a hat and it is one of my most prized possessions. When I wear this hat, the ladies are pretty much defenseless -- they become putty in my hands.

I should show you a picture of me wearing the hat, but the swoon factor would reach dangerous levels amongst the ladies present, therefore I believe it is in the best interests of all involved parties that I merely show the hat for now.

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:rC8bEH5MHocC:www.smithsonianlegacies.si.edu
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:29 pm
That hat ain't straw...
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:30 pm
The hell it aint!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:35 pm
I look DISGUSTING in hats!

How could i be a member when I will turn tummies in a hat?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:50 pm
Tams and berets are acceptable. I'm sure you could carry that off, MsD.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:51 pm
kochtopf, that hat is not straw. it's interesting, but it's not straw.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 27 Sep, 2003 06:53 pm
A number of the women will come to functions wearing a big red flower in their hair. Could you see ME with a flower in my hair. Yeech!
0 Replies