Need a Cheap/Good pair of Snowboarding Gloves & Gear

mrhunt

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 05:27 am
So im Planning on taking a trip To Mount Hood In oregon this Summer To Attend a snowboarding Camp and learn to snowboard! Ive always wanted to learn to snowboard,Always wanted to be in the snow and Recently wanted to start traveling and Visit oregon cause im considering moving there So this Is a Really great opportunity for me!

but living in hawaii theres not many places Where you can go buy good waterproof gloves Or Snowboard Pants/Jacket that are waterproof and meant for that sorta thing.....I have NO CLUE On good brands or what to look for or whatever and i need you guys help! They rent the board and board boots to you there but the rest they dont! I cant buy it in oregon cause i wont be renting a car and my transportation is the camp taking you to and from the airport thats it! So online is my best bet and im hoping this **** doesnt cost me an arm and a leg!

I know its not THAT cold in summer on mount hood from research but since im LEARNING to snowboard immma Fall ALOT and i'll be real wet from that im guessing hence the need for some waterproof stuff...

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,324 • Replies: 3
No top replies

mrhunt

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 06:05 am
@mrhunt,
Btw,How in the hell do you know the right size For gloves? im just under 6ft tall and i wear Large Size Rubber gloves at my job? does that Help? I was checking these out At amazon Mainly because They look frickin SWEET and are a good price In my Opinion but then again who the **** knows....Ive never bought gloves like this before....

http://www.amazon.com/Youngstown-Glove-Co-05-3430-80-L-Performance/dp/B000C7N9OK/ref=pd_bbs_8?ie=UTF8&s=hi&qid=1234094383&sr=8-8

Yay? Nay? Tell meh a good brand i shoudl get!
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 07:01 am
@mrhunt,
How about the ski shops that service the HAwaiian slopes? Are there no Carhart suppilers ? Carhart makes good, and reasonable snowmobile outfits, I asume they make gloves.
WHenever you buy some article of clothing that is "specially made" for X or Y activity, always assume that theres more marketing than technology involved. I sw a pair of "Special" ice fishing gloves with all sorts of dumb crap built in (like rubberized palm pads so the fish wont slip--)AS IF.
When I go Ice fishin, I always have 3 pair of cheap gloves. Same thing when I went skiing, I used a pair of hogskin farm gloves when I was going down the slopes, and always had a pair of comfy mittens clasped to my ski coat.

Whats so special about the gloves for snowboarding that really isnt alsoabout marketing?

0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 02:57 am
you make a good point but at the same time Your not really answering my question...
0 Replies