The energy expended in "religious debates".

twyvel

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 06:06 am
So was I, it was a take on Letty's religiosity.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 06:11 am
Ah, but by GWl, I meant Lightwizard...
0 Replies

Tex-Star

Reply Fri 3 Oct, 2003 05:13 pm
Lightwizard, I must have been clear as mud in my post. Me, knock AA? I attended a Unity "church" (Unity does not like to be considered a religion) where close to 40 support groups met. Also read and wrote book reviews on dozens of self-help books for their newsletter. People from across the globe came there to speak and give seminars, coming from all nationalities and religions. Unfortunately the minister passed on. Never, ever tired of listening to this man talk. Guess you could say this man brought AA from the basement to the main floor, with all the different groups based on 12 Steps. Genius, it was.

I don't believe (maybe I'm not sure though) GWB attended AA, but instead some class or string of classes formed through fundamentalist church/churches. So, what I meant was he could have used any of several teachings that could have been healthier than the fundamentalists. After all, we can only "help" someone else when they are ready and attempting to convert them to our way of thinking is not help of any sort. That just makes people angry.
0 Replies