Landlord pushing

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 08:46 pm
Hello. I am a 45 years old single woman with a son living in an appartment complex renting from a polish landlord.I have had issues sometimes paying for the rent here and there but never had issues that we seems to have now. I recently had to change jobs 3 times becouse of my employers being very rude in attitudes and 1 that didn't pay the way I was told over the phone. Recently I just a decent employer this week on Tuesday. Problems is I am supposed to pay rent for February again.Every 10th of new month is when Im supposed to pay. Todays is Saturday and I got a cardboard that was put under my door saying,"Eve pay rent January and February On Todays Sunday.On Monday I will go to fill out paper for eviction." I need help,hes asking for 2 and its noth even the 10th yet for the other month he demands for.He did this before but we sorted it out vocally.I always pay him but this went a bit far in my point of view.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 519 • Replies: 2
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 10:02 pm
It costs a landlord a fair amount of money to evict someone. And then he/she must have just cause. Are you under a lease? And you've paid all back rent? Check with the laws in your area. They differ from state to state. You may have a case for harassment.
0 Replies

carrie

Reply Sun 8 Feb, 2009 03:36 pm
I think that if you sorted it out verbally last time you should try and speak to him again. Don't be pushed around though, you have tenants rights. Do you have a contract?

I had a laondlord once who used to collect the rent on a Friday, but insisted on coming round for a cup of tea. I didn't feel like I could say no, but used to dread the day rolling round. Although technically he didn't feel that he was doing anything wrong, I felt like I was almost being pressurised into it.

It can be very worrying when it is your home you are talking about, but don't let it spiral out of control - talk to him and get some advice.
0 Replies