Abdul Qadeer Khan:He's probably already killed you.

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 03:49 pm
@Ticomaya,
Tico,

The G.W. Bush administration already asked our ally, Pakistan, if our nuclear experts could interview him. Oddly, the Musharraf government refused our request and all requests from other international agencies for any access to their national hero.

Things have not changed since the new Pakistani government came to power last Spring.

Joe(puzzling, isn't it?)Nation
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 05:42 pm
@Joe Nation,
The people who we are considering assassinating are, for the purposes of this discussion, our enemies, not criminals, and I remain convinced that the Founding Fathers never had any intention to grant constitutional rights to our enemies.

I appreciate that you and others may feel it is just to treat our enemies no worse than criminals, but it is neither practical nor wise to do so.

Quote:
Wouldn't it have been better for George W. Bush and Cheney to tell the guys transporting the prisoners to Guantanamo to pack them all in a shipping container or two in the back of a C-130 and somewhere over the Atlantic.....oops, who left the cargo bay door open????!!

Not at all. Your's is a foolish argument.

First of all we obtained valuable, life saving intelligence from many of them.

Secondly there is a very big difference between assasinating high impact targets and simply killing any enemy that comes into our control.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 13 Feb, 2009 05:45 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
The G.W. Bush administration already asked our ally, Pakistan, if our nuclear experts could interview him. Oddly, the Musharraf government refused our request and all requests from other international agencies for any access to their national hero.

And thus we see that normal diplomatic channels are very often are of no value.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 05:54 am
I'm having dinner next week with the former Pakistani Ambassador to the UN. I'll ask some questions.

Joe(meanwhile, watch your back.)Nation
0 Replies