hamas: "we won!!!!"

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:27 am
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1060281.html

Quote:

A senior member of the Islamist Hamas leadership, which went underground when Israel launched its military offensive in the Gaza Strip a month ago, on Friday made his first public appearance since the fighting ended.

Khalil Al-Hayya, one of three survivors of the five best known Hamas leaders, told supporters at a rally that the group had achieved victory in the war and was now engaged in a political battle.

"We promised to come out to you either as martyrs or as victors," Hayya told supporters. "Today I come out to you and you are victors."

About 1,300 Palestinians were killed and more than 4,000 wounded in Israel's 22-day onslaught. Two members of the Hamas leadership were targeted and killed by air strikes.

Israel lost 10 soldiers in the fighting and three civilians were killed in Israel by Palestinian rockets launched into Israel from Gaza.

Hamas leader Ismail Haniyeh gave an interview to Al Quds television on Thursday from an undisclosed location, and remains underground.

Hayya tried to reassure Palestinians whose houses had been destroyed by Israel. "The reconstruction is coming, do not be worried about that," he said, adding the Hamas government intended to pay the salaries of its employees.

"I tell the resistance fighters, I tell the Qassam fighters, do not drop your weapons, do not put your weapons aside and do not abandon your trenches," Hayya said.

"I assure our people that the leaders who led the battle of victory are now leading the battle of politics. We are still in the midst of the battle and we are engaging politically," he said.

Hamas had not yielded on its demands that the Israeli blockade of the Gaza enclave be lifted and Gaza's borders opened to normal trade, he said.

Hayya reaffirmed his group's demands to conclude a prisoner swap with Israel that would see the release of hundreds of Palestinian prisoners for the return of Israel Defense Forces soldier Gilad Shalit, kidnapped by Gaza militants in 2006.

"Gilad Shalit will never see the light and life until our prisoners see the light among their women and children," he said.

Israel has said Gaza's border crossings will not be permanently reopened until progress is made to resolve the situation surrounding Shalit's release.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 598 • Replies: 4
No top replies

gungasnake

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:33 am
In other words, these shitbirds sit there for three years shooting rockets into israel's southern cities until the inevitable happens, then go underground other than for a few of their low-level shitbirds who keep on shooting rockets at Israel from civilian facilities i.e. while letting ordinary "palestinians" serve as human shields, and then after the Israelis accomplish as much as they figure they can and leave, crawl out of their shitty little holes and declare victory, that is, after turning their entire world into a pigpen and getting a thousand or so of their own human shields killed.

Lovely people....
Foofie

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:51 pm
Did someone there read "The Power of Positive Thinking"?
gungasnake

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 08:17 am
@Foofie,
hamas signs up for still more pain...

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/090201/world/mideast_conflict_gaza_wrap

Way too stupid to learn.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 05:23 pm
@gungasnake,
How very stupid is the palestinian people to place these fools in charge of their well being?

What the hell is wrong with them!
0 Replies