Sglass

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 12:16 am
@Diest TKO,
TKO I can feel it in my heart that you will return from NYC a man. With Uncles Kicky, Joe and Frank to guide you through the adult male candy land of NYC you will emerge with newly found self confidence and self esteem and you will never have a problem asking any woman out on a date again ever.
Walk tall my friend

ossobuco

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 12:21 am
@Diest TKO,
I knew I could count on you...
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 01:14 am
@Sglass,
Sglass wrote:

TKO I can feel it in my heart that you will return from NYC a man. With Uncles Kicky, Joe and Frank to guide you through the adult male candy land of NYC you will emerge with newly found self confidence and self esteem and you will never have a problem asking any woman out on a date again ever.
Walk tall my friend

Asking a girl on a date isn't the hard part, it's meeting one that I'd like to ask... :C

Who knows. It's a 4.5 plus hour bus ride. Maybe I'll meet a nice girl on the bus. This isn't the point of the trip though. The point is to be young(ish) and free without a goddamn plan. I want to go and just appreciate the adventure of it all.

Meeting A2K people would be so awesome. I hope they can fit me in on an afternoon. I can already see the talk with the roommates.

"Alright guys. We're going to meet some of my internet friends..."

LOL. What wonderful guys they are for always letting me drag them around everywhere!

T
K
O
Sglass

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 02:16 am
@Diest TKO,
I understand Grasshopper.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 02:09 am
Whoo Hoo!

We've got our bus tickets, and a hotel! We'll arrive Friday afternoon and leave sometime on Monday morning. We got a hotel near Penn Station. So I'm looking at google maps to see the area. A DC friend is actually going to be up there for Saturday night. She invited us to hang out with her friends. She insists they are very attractive and totally love hanging out with engineers... we'll see. The forecast says clubbing, which is always a... interesting situation for me.

Hey Frank! I still haven't heard from you! It's moments like this that I wish we had PMs still. If you are still checking this thread, I was hoping that perhaps we could meet up on Sunday sometime, and perhaps Kicky, Thomas, and Joe too!

What's the good word?

T
K
O

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 07:50 am
@Diest TKO,
Yo Diest TKO...

...I had set things up with Joe for Friday night (Kicky was a "maybe" and I could not get in touch with Thomas)....the only night I had open this weekend.

But this morning, I found out that even Friday is out.

I had not taken into consideration that Saturday is Valentine's Day (competely slipped my mind) and that since Nancy and I already had plans for Saturday...I had obligations to her for Friday night.

Gonna have to bow out this trip. Hate to do that...always like to meet any A2Ker who comes into the area, but my honey comes first.

Hope the chicks are hotties for Saturday night...and that the "clubbing" goes well.

Next trip up here...we will get together. And if you make the trip during warm weather...you will get to visit the Frying Pan with us...our favorite A2K meeting place in the City.
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 03:16 pm
@Frank Apisa,
:C

T
K
Okay. Next time.
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 11:40 pm
For those still interested in following my little adventure. I'll be uploading pictures here: http://failuresart.snaplog.com/sheet

Multiple updates each day.

The beauty that is the iphone...
K
O
ossobuco

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 11:53 pm
@Diest TKO,
I'm still interested, as much for the stumbles as for the epiphanies.

J
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 11:54 pm
@Diest TKO,
Have fun on your trip. Did you decide which of the sights to put on your agenda?
Diest TKO

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 11:59 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Have fun on your trip. Did you decide which of the sights to put on your agenda?

Gonna wing it.

That's my style.
K
O
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 12:13 pm
big pizza...

T
K
O
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 12:16 pm
@Diest TKO,
Great photos...wish I coulda met with youse guys.

You are close to Bryant Park...and you should go there...but a trip to Central Park would be the greatest.

Hey...some pix of the hotties tonight would be a good thing.

Enjoy the City. Been a month since I"ve been there and I miss it like crazy. But as the warmer weather comes in...I will be getting there at least twice a week.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 12:28 pm
@Diest TKO,
How many slices have you tried now?
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 01:21 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm ashamed to say ebeth.

Tonight we plan to go to some cool lounge and get proper drunk. Win.

T
K
O
Butrflynet

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 04:03 pm
Great photo of Trinity. Looks like the weather is good and you aren't battling frostbite. How many people are in your group? Did you go inside the stock exchange?
Izzie

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 04:14 pm
@Diest TKO,
Great pics - have a fab time tonite!
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 05:38 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Great photo of Trinity. Looks like the weather is good and you aren't battling frostbite. How many people are in your group? Did you go inside the stock exchange?

Three in my group; my roommates and myself. No, I didn't go inside the stock exchange. It's Saturday so it's not open, even if we could go I. It wouldn't have been exciting.

That and I have enought people asking for money outside...
K
O
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 05:42 pm
@Diest TKO,
Never too much pizza if you found good pizza. Have you yelped any of your results?
Diest TKO

Reply Sat 14 Feb, 2009 06:25 pm
@ehBeth,
I just got done yelping a whole bunch of lounges in Greenwich village on bleeker st at the the suggestion of a friend who is a native of the area.

T
K
O