Why do you need to use 4 ant traps?

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 06:45 am
they sell 4 for esoteric reasons.

They dont work unless you put one in each direction.

For this you need a compass..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 06:49 am
really.. get rid of ants easily.

Boric acid + honey.

pour about 2 tablespoons of honey on a tiny plate and sprinkle boric acid over it. Mix it up a bit and , with a spoon , smear just a little of that concoction along their travel line. THey retrace their steps by scent, so if you follow their line, they will walk right into that honey.
Its sweet. They take it back to their colony and die before they even know it is poison.

roaches in the drain system

Pour boric acid down the drains over night with some powder sugar mixed in. cap off the drains. They come to eat the sugar, coat themselves with boric acid, clean themselves off in their nest and die where, during the day time, the other roaches eat their dead bodies and die..

I had an infestation almost embarassing to mention thanks to a neighbor who never took out his trash. I could smell the rot and old trash through the wall!.
Once he moved, it was like war of the worlds.
In one week of boric acid + powder sugar, even the other people in the building saw a huge difference . They die quickly and have no time to learn to stay away from boric acid.
dadpad

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 07:29 am
@farmerman,
Even though they have less than 1 million neurons in their brains, bees can still recognize human faces.
Setanta

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 10:42 am
And you kn0w this how? Can i have some of what you're smokin' . . .
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 11:59 am
@shewolfnm,
Is this safe if you have pets or children? Supposedly these traps are that is one the reason I got them.

Also quite a while ago (when I was wild and single) I had great success with these. I came home one day and there is this long trail of ants marching in my condo. I followed the trail and notice they were coming through a crack in the sliding glass doors. I opened them and continued to follow the trail. It went onto my balacony and to the side of the building. They were crawling from the ground, up the building onto my balcony and into my living room - amazing. I set up those traps along this trail of ants and within a couple of days they were gone.

Now how they hell did they know to climb the building into my place?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 12:01 pm
@dadpad,
You watched that Bee Movie didn't you?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 09:07 am
Ha for all you nay sayers. This morning I didn't see any ants! And in the morning is when I had been seeing them piling out having a party.

Well the party's over boys!

And that is with only 2 traps - not the 4 in the instructions!
0 Replies

Deckland

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 10:46 pm
What shewolfnm said ... honey and borax.
We used to mix honey and borax about 50/50.
It sure does work.
0 Replies

angell

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 07:33 pm
@Linkat,
get some fly spray??
0 Replies