NEVERENDING NOVEL GAME

squirt

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 06:26 am
@solipsister,
It was a shitty end.
I sat there a little longer reading Thérèse Raquin and felt like some cheese. I made my way to the kitchen.
solipsister

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 05:31 pm
@squirt,
Cornbread and cheese always cheered me up, but I still worried about this year's harvest.
squirt

Reply Mon 2 Feb, 2009 11:47 pm
@solipsister,
'Corn has its place' I thought as I looked out across the swaying ears. And then something caught my eye.
solipsister

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 02:39 am
@squirt,
A speck in the distance.
squirt

Reply Tue 3 Feb, 2009 10:56 pm
@solipsister,
Was it a glimpse of hope? It was heading this way through the corn. I thought it would be best if I tried to look busy and deserving.
solipsister

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 01:00 am
@squirt,
The chatoyant glister took on a pearly lustre. Could it be a sign from god.
squirt

Reply Wed 4 Feb, 2009 05:52 am
@solipsister,
Great Zeus!
It began to rain lightly. The golden corn glowed. I said goodbye to Per se and headed for the coast.
solipsister

Reply Thu 5 Feb, 2009 01:39 am
@squirt,
My tryst was with a casual acquaintance from a nearby town. The rendezvous was set for noon. He was older , but in some ways not as worldly as I was .
squirt

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 06:16 am
@solipsister,
Though I was used to other worldliness . At least he should be ok with my hair. I pondered the invitation. Whether it was condemnation or wishful thinking, I knew that at least we'd have fun deciding what to have for lunch, if anything.
solipsister

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 07:58 pm
@squirt,
At first glance I was taken aback by the Beachside Notel Motel bistro.

Afterwards I came to realise Ruben really knew his onions. He ordered around enough for both of us. Notwithstanding, he engorged the biggest steak as I contented myself with a hollandaise salmon and cucurbit to die for.

Insouciantly over dessert Ruben announced he was done being fulsome.
squirt

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 08:42 pm
@solipsister,
Rubenesquely sated by hollandaise salmon and curcubit I sat . I wondered how I'd ended up in this awkward first person position, and what Ruben planned next. There was no telling.
solipsister

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 09:21 pm
@squirt,
But one word sealed my fate. Dutch. The plegmatic Flanderer suggested we share the bill. Mobile than ever, I excused myself and shot into the ladies.

After a time , I noticed the window.
solipsister

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 09:36 pm
@solipsister,
Looking out for myself, the first person I noticed was Ruben shoving me in affirmation of my desire from behind. I landed heavily ; his was somewhat cushier. We left the carpark hastily but tastily replete.
solipsister

Reply Fri 6 Feb, 2009 11:58 pm
@solipsister,
Unto the beach we ran truly madly deeply hottest sand doin it, Ruben's esky pinguid and redolent with promise. We toasted ourselves up until the moment I found the soggy thesaurus at the bottom of it all.
squirt

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 12:25 am
@solipsister,
It was too late for the thesaurus. I hadn't been able to get a word in edgewise, or even flat on my back. I had to show him that I was more than cushy and cheap, but at that moment we were words apart.
solipsister

Reply Sat 7 Feb, 2009 06:07 pm
@squirt,
Ruben thrust the flute into my hand and I champed at the bit for the last of the pinot grigio. Parhelia embraced the darkling sky's citrus moon. Ruben whispered, "rissole repair", so we soared to the yokel club. He was such a member.
squirt

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 06:23 am
@solipsister,
'Rissole repair'? Despite his membership I had my doubts about Ruben, but I let him take me to the citrus moon.
squirt

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 06:23 am
@squirt,
And quite enjoyed it.
squirt

Reply Thu 12 Feb, 2009 05:43 am
@squirt,
And then there were none.
0 Replies

miketracy2

Reply Fri 3 Apr, 2009 02:52 pm
after all, the way that the sky shimmerd silvery bright with streaks of ungelating ribbon like clouds,it was calming beyond all translucent dream realities. So as i felt the imagined touch of of a million warm, tiny fingers carressing my entire body all at once from my toes to the top of my head i slipped into a sound comforting sleep..............