Can his parental rights be taken away

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:46 pm
I'm from TX and I was wondering if a judge and make a judgment to take a father's rights away when the father has made no effort to be in the child life, he has never paid a dime in child support, has never made time to visit with child, never calls to check on child. In the 3 years of the childs life he has probably see him maybe 10 times (not counting the first 3 months after child was born and stayed together), he lived with his parents off and on over the past 2 years, during this time his mother watched him for me while I worked and still made no effort to spend time with him at this time he was to messed up on drugs to want to be a father. He is now in jail and just signed an offer to spend 4 years in state jail because he beat his girlfriend and she filed her 3rd charge on him in the last 6 months and the state locked him up, he has a very bad anger problem and even I pressed charges on him when we were together. I know that a judge cant just take his rights away with out reason of being an unfit parent, I just don't know what all falls in the class of "unfit" parent
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 2,812 • Replies: 1
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:42 pm
http://www.legaltips.org/texas/FA/fa.005.00.000161.00.aspx
0 Replies