Much as money as i put into this computer i should have just bought a new one!

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:24 am
I bought a Dell CPU but the sound doesn't work. When i turn on the computer i don't even see the speaker in icon ontom right corner.I went to the control panel and it said everything is working properly. But no audio wasn't connected but i have new speakers. I ordered a USB 2.07.28 Channel External SOund Box is that gonna work the cpu is about three years old.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,848 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 12:31 am
@shawntome,
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise
shawntome

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:10 am
I'm not a computer person i don't know what kind of questions to ask help me!
shawntome

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:21 am
@shawntome,
I have a 4h 75C longwell 24 awg (wire) thats not working i bought a2.07.18 channel sound box will that work?
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:29 am
@shawntome,
Just provide more specifics. You asked whether a specific device would work with your computer but gave very little details about said computer.

For example, I wanted to give you instructions on how to troubleshoot it a bit. For example, you say everything is fine in control panel but without specifics I'm not sure how accurate that is. I also want to see if you merely have a bad setting somewhere and want to give you instructions on how to check, but I don't know anything about your computer except that it is a dell and about 3 years old.

I could guess at what operating system but that's a lot of work to provide uselessly if I'm wrong.

In any case, you said you already bought it, so you can give it a try when it arrives for far more effort than anyone else trying to determine whether it will work over the internet.

But if you are really serious about finding out in advance, you should provide them more information. But they'd likely need you to do a lot more work testing things than you can do to find out for yourself when it arrives.
shawntome

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:40 am
@Robert Gentel,
Ok thank u it will be here friday.I'm not tryin to be pushy just aggrivated at the amount i've spent and something as simple as the sound not working its real irritating.Thank you again if you wanna know if it works i can let you know?
shawntome

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:43 am
@Robert Gentel,
When i click on the sound device icon it wont let me move the dials
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:52 am
@shawntome,
Sure, let me know if you have any problems and I can try to help, but I'll need you to answer a lot of questions or give the information in advance (e.g. are you using XP or Vista?)
shawntome

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 01:59 am
@Robert Gentel,
oh theres a windows xp sticker on the front of the computer
shawntome

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 02:00 am
@shawntome,
oh and a intel pentium 4 sticker on it too
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 21 Jan, 2009 04:58 am
@shawntome,
This does not seem to be a hardware problem but some kind of software setting problem to start with as I can not see any likely hardware problem that would stop you from moving the sound level controls or cause you to loss the link to the sound on the task bar.

When did you loss the sound from the computer? Did you add any hardware or software to the computer just before lossing the sound?
0 Replies