More Quiz Questions

Reply Sat 17 Jan, 2009 04:58 am
Having difficulty with these.
1. which of these words is the odd one out and why: Ail, angle, ice, ire, lodge, oil, rail, rain, rap, rust, or wine.
2.Mr Mean collects cigar ends and makes full cigars from them, needing 11 such ends to make a full cigar. He amassed 12345 ends last year. How many full cigars in total will this eventually enable him to smoke? Am I missing something with this one - seems too easy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,209 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 01:36 am
@upandrunning,
Quote:
2.Mr Mean collects cigar ends and makes full cigars from them, needing 11 such ends to make a full cigar. He amassed 12345 ends last year. How many full cigars in total will this eventually enable him to smoke? Am I missing something with this one - seems too easy.

Just remember that after he takes 11 ends and makes a cigar, he can add the end of that one to the collection. So remember to keep reusing them till there are no longer 11 ends before you get your total.
upandrunning

Reply Tue 20 Jan, 2009 03:25 am
@Robert Gentel,
Hi Robert Gentel, many thanks for answering. I have an answer and have taken into account what you said. ??33.
0 Replies

Tufdevil

Reply Tue 27 Jan, 2009 05:17 pm
@upandrunning,
Hi Upandrunning.
For question 1, I think the letter "t" holds the key.
Did you get the signpost question. Only one I'm stuck on.

Tufdevil
upandrunning

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 03:39 am
@Tufdevil,
Thanks Tufdevil, I think the same as you. The answer to the signpost question is 152 S = 19 H = 8 - 19x8= 152. Thanks for your help.
Tufdevil

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 04:23 am
@upandrunning,
Thanks for that. Hope I've avoided all the traps this time. It's a bit like QI - if the answer is obvious it's usually wrong!
You doing ok?
upandrunning

Reply Wed 28 Jan, 2009 04:47 am
@Tufdevil,
Yes thanks. I thoroughly enjoy this quiz, but there is always the 'awkward' ones!!!
0 Replies