Movie Locations

eoe

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 12:28 pm
Someone on another thread mentioned a movie location that they'd fallen in love with. A house used in A Star is Born. It started me thinking about other movie locations that were just so fabulous that you remember them long after you've forgotten the movie. I have three off the top of my head.

Summer Lovers was a movie about a young couples' menage a trois set-up while on a vacation in Greece. It was just so-so story but the cinematography was stupendous and I've wanted to go to Greece ever since. One day I will.

And it seems that Dianne Keaton, in whatever movie she's in these days, lives in wonderful homes with incredible kitchens. From First Wives Club to, the most fabulous of all, her beach house in Something's Gotta Give. I think it must be in her contract that whatever role she takes, her home has to be the bomb. To die for.

The guest cottages on Christopher Plummer's estate in Wolf with Jack Nicholson. Michell Pfeiffer's character was staying in one of them. The entire front of it was paned glass. It took my breath away.

Any movie locations grab you like that? Share them with me.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 895 • Replies: 9
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 12:46 pm
@eoe,
I seem to remember landscapes first - southern Italy in Christ Stopped at Eboli; the widescreen photography of fields in Days of Heaven (Nestor Almendros was the photographer, I think); landscapes in Reds; landscapes in Lawrence of Arabia; Antarctica in Taro and Jiro in Antarctica. Cityscape - the Casbah in Battle of Algiers.

Will start thinking about interiors..
I liked the interior of the pianist's apartment in Rome in Bertolucci's Besieged.

I can still picture the noodle house in Tampopo, but don't particular yearn to go to that exact location.

0 Replies

George

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 12:53 pm
The "Lord of the Rings" trilogy made me want to see New Zealand.

I'm from Boston and I love to see her used as a movie location.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 04:54 pm
@eoe,
The hotel in The Shining. But only if I could stay in Room 237.
eoe

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 04:57 pm
@joefromchicago,
I've never seen that movie. Too afraid of a demented Jack Nicholson .
ossobuco

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:20 pm
@eoe,
We're all so different. A demented Jack Nicholson sends me to ennui.

Vive la differance (however you spell that).
djjd62

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:23 pm
friends of mine lived down the street from the house they used in "three men and a baby", they found the process of filming both interesting and annoying, lots of congestion on older city streets was sometimes a pain
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:29 pm
Really? That was a house and not an apt. building or condo in NYC?
eoe

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:32 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

We're all so different. A demented Jack Nicholson sends me to ennui.

Oh hell no. Laughing Laughing Laughing
I can't handle it. Same for DeNiro. I saw a censored Taxi Driver on NETWORK tv some years ago and I still haven't gotten parts of the end out of my head. Never saw Cape Fear. Never gonna see it either.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 16 Jan, 2009 05:36 pm
@eoe,
i'm sure that was the movie, the house was used i guess for exterior work only, the interiors were shot on a soundstage in toronto
0 Replies