Wed 14 Jan, 2009 06:50 pm
I am looking for something to put on my love seat/sofa to protect it from odors. I have an elderly relative that when he comes to visit he doesn't smell very good. Kind of like an old person smell. I don't mean to be mean but I just got new sofas and would like to keep them smelling fresh. anybody have suggestions?
Hmm a few ideas that come to mind:
* an antimacassar -- this is usually a doily-like item that drapes on the back of a sofa. Kinda frou-frou looking and it doesn't cover much but it would cover a little
* an afghan -- I take it you're in the Northern Hemisphere, so it's Winter. Your elderly relative may appreciate an afghan anyway. This doesn't help you in the Summer but it's something.
* Scotchguard -- it's really for stains but it should keep it cleaner just in general.
* Febreze -- kinda temporary (and personally I find I can get a bit of an allergic reaction to it if too much is sprayed) but it's something, and it's designed for such things. These days it's safe for pets.
* A slipcover -- nice ones exist these days. When the visit is over, just toss it in the wash. I have noticed, though, that if they don't fit just right they can be a pain to get into place. It can be a lot of adjusting.
* Cleaning the upholstery afterwards, either professionally or by yourself if you want to rent a machine. I don't know what it's made of; care will differ whether it's leather or chintz or whatever.
Hope these help.
I m looking for a best furniture for home appliance purpose?