Credit and Finance related questions.

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 07:54 am
I have a temporary hold on four credit services since one of the recent hacks (Veterans Administration hack if memory serves me correctly).

I would like to buy a daybed. Do I have to temporarily lift the holds on all credit agencies? Only one or two? Which ones should I pick?

And why am I having a near impossible time finding anyplace that deals with layaways anymore? Figured that if I bought a bed on layaway that would make the credit check problem with the present hold moot and unnecessary.

Any thoughts?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 5 • Views: 1,552 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 08:40 am
@tsarstepan,
Ask the seller which CRA (credit reporting agency) they check. Choices are Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion for personal credit (for business credit, just swap TransUnion for Dun & Bradstreet). So you may be able to get away with only one temporary lift.

I recall Home Depot only wanted one (I think that one was TU but it's been several months so I'm unsure).
tsarstepan

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 08:53 am
@jespah,
The customer service rep from Home Depot I talked to didn't have an answer in that regard. But thanks.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 09:08 am
@tsarstepan,
Many stores have converted to a store credit card instead of layaway. Any new credit should not be effected by past breaches.
0 Replies

ekename

Reply Wed 21 Mar, 2018 07:50 pm
@tsarstepan,
Quote:
Figured that if I bought a bed on layaway that would make the credit check problem with the present hold moot and unnecessary.

Finally, a question within the purview of my expertise.

Layaway on a daybed all the livelong day contemplating moot and other contranyms.

If you want to layaway then save up the money and pay cash.

If you're worried about contingent risk on existing cards then get a few new dozen or so.

0 Replies