Rabbi Neulander Trial

stanlen

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 02:55 pm
Is anybody familiar with the case of Rabbi Neulander which was covered on Court TV? I was only able to watch it from time to time and my conclusion was that it would result in a second hung jury. He has been convicted and the jury is now considering rthe death penalty. Can any body supply some insight?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,756 • Replies: 6
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 04:56 pm
Never heard of it (then again, I don't watch Court TV). What's the case about?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 05:00 pm
Isn't he the guy who hired someone to kill his wife?
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 05:31 pm
From NY Times today...
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/11/21/nyregion/21CND-RABB.html
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Thu 21 Nov, 2002 06:33 pm
This man is a Rabbi in NY, who hired 2 hit men to kill his wife. He was having an affair with a woman, whom he had met while tending to the spiritual needs of her dying husband.

I guess, that his wife wouldn't give him a divorce. This is his 2nd trial for this alleged crime. I don't recall the outcome of the first trial, but the jury in the 2nd trial found the Rabbi guilty.

He claims, that both he and his deceased wife believed in what he refers to as an "open life style". I assume that he has stated this, in an attempt to down play his extra-marital affair with the radio personality with whom he was involved.

Very sorry case, from all perspectives.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Fri 22 Nov, 2002 10:55 am
Hey, thanks for the info.
0 Replies

New Haven

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2002 07:53 pm
UpDate
It was in the Boston Globe and the NYTimes today. The Rabbi was found guilty and was sentenced to 30 years in jail.

Apparently, he had two extra-marital affairs. One was with a radio personality and the other...guess who?

The woman who married "Tiny Tim"...the "Tip Toe Through the Tulips" Guy.

The Rabbi was happy to miss the death sentence and says he now wants to spend his 30 years of jail time teaching prisoners English.

Drunk
0 Replies