hamas reinstates crucifiction for Christians

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:43 pm
In the news recently, multiple places, e.g.

http://www.azconservative.org/Semmens1.htm

Quote:

Crucifixions for Christians Is New Gaza Law

In a bid to broaden its support among fellow Muslims, the Hamas government of Gaza enacted a toughening of Sharia law that includes a penalty of crucifixion for Christians who violate certain of its provisions. While many squeamish westerners consider the amputations and beheadings prescribed by Muslim law to be barbaric, Hamas sees them as the “fulfillment of Allah’s command.”

“If a Muslim must face harsh punishment for his sins, then it is only fitting that unbelievers be more severely dealt with,” explained Hamas spokesman Assir Kamilwad. “So, Christians committing acts deemed detrimental to Palestinian interests will be nailed to crosses.”

Kamilwad mocked those appalled by this ancient method of execution. “How could any Christian object to sharing the same fate as his beloved Jesus?”

In related news, Dr. Kamal El-Helbawy of the BBC-owned Arabic TV Channel defended Hamas’ targeting of Israeli women and children. “While they may be non-combatants now, they are still a threat to Islam,” El-Helbawy insisted. “The women will breed more Jews who will grow up to be soldiers. By killing them before this happens we are saving Muslim lives in the future.” El-Helbawy suggested that this is certainly “no worse than the abortions performed in the West for much more frivolous reasons.”
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,265 • Replies: 10
No top replies

saab

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 12:54 pm
It is in multiply places but I did not find one single serious newspaper with this news.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:37 pm
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

In the news recently, multiple places, e.g.

http://www.azconservative.org/Semmens1.htm

This from a site entitled:
JOHN SEMMENS: Semi-News -- A Satirical Look at Recent News

Cruci-fiction indeed!
parados

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 01:40 pm
@joefromchicago,
Does that mean Gunga has been hoisted on his own cross?
High Seas

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 02:56 pm
@parados,
That comment was horrible enough to deserve the term cringe-making, Parados!

Besides, you (not to mention Gunga) should know crucifixion was a Roman punishment for thieves - no connection to Islam that I ever heard of.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 03:08 pm
El-Helbawy isn't "of the BBC-owned Arabic TV Channel" but was at the utmost shown in a report there, at BBC arabic.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 03:22 pm
Some of the reports I read might actually be wrong about the Roman punishment being reserved for Christians only, e.g.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2008/12/hamas-legalizes-crucifixion.html

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 06:22 pm
Don't sell yourself short . . . from the appearance of what you habitually post, almost everything you read, and then post here, is wrong.

Of course the Romans didn't reserve crucifixion (learn to spell the word) for christians. However, there is a rather ironic humor in the use of the word crucifiction in this context.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 06:36 pm
Best laugh of the day so far.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 07:19 pm
@High Seas,
Great, now you want to crucify me for a bad pun.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 12 Jan, 2009 07:24 pm
Take it away John Lennon . . .

Christ, you know it ain't easy
You don't know hard it can be
The way things are goin'
They're gonna crucify me . . .
0 Replies