The Impact of Words

cisen

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 10:38 am
It is my view the leaders don't always appreciate the impact of their words. I am looking for recent quotes from corporate executives, particularly around mergers and acquisitions, that show mistakes in public conversations, which mistakes alienated people either through labels, characterizations or the like.
Examples abound with our political leaders. I want to focus on corporate leaders.

CSI
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,129 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Charli

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 09:16 pm
FIND THE NAMES FIRST . . .
Welcome to A2K, cisen! You're going to like it here!!!

Enter the names of some of the corporate executives into the Google search engine. Try "Ken Lay Enron" - no quotes. Refine your search to earlier dated material, speeches, quotes, etc. There are many, many others - former officers of World Com and that friend of Martha Stewart. Check newspaper archives with those names. It would be great if you could let us know here what you find. Good luck!
[/color]
0 Replies

cisen

Reply Thu 25 Sep, 2003 09:32 pm
Thanks
Your tip is very helpful. THanks.
Cisen
0 Replies

Charli

Reply Mon 29 Sep, 2003 08:42 pm
THREE MORE NAMES TO CHECK
Kozlowski, former CEO of Tyco, and one of his former staff are presently on trial for bilking stockholders. Other names in the news for other companies for "wrongdoing," are Bernie Ebbers and John Rigas. I'm not sure which one is the former CEO of WorldCom (MCI) nor what the other company is, but if you type the names into Google you should get some good hits.

What use do you hope to make of this material - or is it a personal interest? In my 1997 publication, "Out of Work: Empty Pockets, Empty Lives" - about the early 1990's unemployment spate - the exorbitant salaries of Drug Company CEO's was charted and discussed. A similar and worsening situation continues to exist (in MANY companies) on the labor scene today.
0 Replies