Best song on the commute today

aidan

Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2011 11:17 am
I heard this song today and I do love it but I wouldn't say it's one of my top 100 songs - maybe one of my top 500 songs- but it contains my favorite eight syllables of harmony ever- the lines 'I am leaving, I am leaving' - and the way their voices blend just makes me want to cry:

The Boxer - Simon and Garfunkel

hingehead

Reply Tue 11 Oct, 2011 09:18 pm
@aidan,
I have a friend who would put in his top 100 - it's near their best.

This was perfect for the ride this morning - great musical accompaniment for a world going down in flames

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 02:52 pm
Another Tom Petty song I heard sort of on my commute today - I was sitting at the bus station waiting to pick up my daughter@

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Thu 9 Aug, 2012 03:17 pm
Another great song I heard on my commute today, I remember listening to this at Brownies because Maura McShane's older sister had the 45 - and I STILL love this song:

hingehead

Reply Fri 10 Aug, 2012 12:05 am
@aidan,
Heh, I thought The Foundations were a one hit wonder (Build me up Buttercup) - but that song is very familiar, did some one else do it?

Mmmm. I just checked and either my cataloguing has failed or this didn't chart at all in Australia. We missed again.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 2 Jul, 2013 09:30 pm
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 28 Jul, 2013 08:19 pm
Started the day with energy, gone by the time I pulled into the car park.

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 19 Sep, 2013 05:01 pm
Most of the drive taken up by this prog rock epic (that I didn't discover till about 2008!)

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 03:45 pm
Triple play - my entire commute was just these three great songs.

Joeblow

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 06:36 pm
@hingehead,
I heard this on my commute home today.

First, a little bio:

Quote:
Saidah Baba Talibah

Her mother is Canada’s “First Lady of the Blues,” Salome Bey. Her uncle is Andy Bey, arguably the finest jazz vocalist on the planet. Artistic brilliance is her birthright, but Toronto’s Saidah Baba Talibah isn’t one to rest on family laurels. Her singular sound, a scorching blend of rock, blues and raunchy soul, has taken her from Singapore to Brooklyn’s Afro Punk and shaped the killer album (S)cream, which bested more than 300 competitors to win the inaugural Soundclash Music Award.

http://luminatofestival.com/festival/2014/Saidah-Baba-Talibah

She's playing at Luminato tonight, something of a big deal here, if anyone's interested: http://luminatofestival.com/pages/luminato-festival/about/

It was great to the very end. It got louder the longer I listened. I kept turning it up Smile

0 Replies

Joeblow

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2014 07:00 pm
@Joeblow,
Joeblow wrote:

I was stuck in traffic tonight. A miserable drive…until I found myself listening to Danny Michel covering Bowie’s Young Americans.

I found it on his website after some poking around. I’ll post a link to his music page. If you point to the first box, you’ll see a play list. Scroll down a bit…third from the bottom.

(I’d make it easier if I could but I can’t find it elsewhere on line.)

http://www.dannymichel.com/newsite/music.html

Just went back and checked out the thread again….I'd forgotten about this song.

And, now it's on youtube.

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 25 Nov, 2014 05:39 pm
Notable double header today

0 Replies