Best song on the commute today

hingehead

Reply Sun 18 Jul, 2010 08:39 pm
Got a laugh out of one of the may alternate versions of 'Ullo' John, gotta new motor' by Alexei Sayle I have floating around.

"What a lovely motor the Cortina is, eh? What a lovely motor. What style. What lines. What beauty. What poetry, eh? All that poetry in a motor. ’Ere. Ever see Wordsworth do anything like a Cortina, eh? ’E didn’t did ’e, eh? Tennyson? Eh? Any of that? Any of them? Any of them fellers, eh? Didn’t do anything as poetic as a Cortina."

"Sierra, now what kind of name is that? Sierra? I mean that don't mean nothing to no English person, do it? Eh? Sierra? Not like Cortina, know what I mean?"

aidan

Reply Mon 19 Jul, 2010 04:48 pm
@hingehead,

From a cd I inherited from my dad- I've been listening to this on my way to work for two days now:

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 21 Jul, 2010 04:01 pm
Something a little different from a recent spate of download mania:

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 27 Jul, 2010 04:37 pm
Early start to day, driving in the dark this struck me as a particularly nice song to wallow in:

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 11 Aug, 2010 04:10 pm
Stretching my own boundaries I've turned off 'Random' on my car mp3 player because I reckon it plays the same bunch of songs over and over again. So now I'm listening to my 16gb drive in the car 'sequentially' - and the last thing I've been listening to one of my favourite albums of last year 'The Hazards Of Love' by The Decembrists. Here's a shortened version of one of the tracks:

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 15 Aug, 2010 03:41 pm
Still working through 16gb. This is a band I keep thinking I should pay more attention to. This track was included in Never Ending Internet Mixtape #45

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Thu 19 Aug, 2010 01:17 pm
Strangely apropos on this 4.30am drive into work

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Wed 22 Sep, 2010 03:32 pm
Still listening to the car mp3 player alphabetically - must be in the K's because of this brilliant triple play:

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 5 Dec, 2010 05:32 pm
Great left field driving song this morning!

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 03:41 pm
George Harrison's 'All Things Must Pass' today - how can one band spawn such quality solo work?

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 05:02 pm
A beautiful crystal autumn morning in Cairns today, my commute is now only 11 km, just long enough to create my own windscreen video through the tropics to this wonderfully chill track:

0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 08:17 pm
Hah, I heard "My Sweet Lord" this morning on my commute too.....

[
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 12:12 pm
I don't know if you can call it a commute, but I was walking from the library to my car and I heard this busker playing this song on the street. I couldn't pull the title up immediately, so I stood there listening - it was so magical- until the guy said, 'Look, I have a tambourine here, do you want to play along,' and then he kept playing and I got it when we got to 'San Francisco- such a beautiful song:

0 Replies

royable

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2011 12:28 pm
@hingehead,
Movin' On by Bad Company. I play that everytime i drive to work. It gives me the feel. w00t!
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 05:35 pm
I'm cycling to work again giving my Samsung Q1 a workout. Today this was my fave track. Turn the volume up.

0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2011 03:49 pm
Cycling most days now. Apparently my Samsung Q1 has a sense of humour. First song starts up as I flop my leg over....

0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 17 Jul, 2011 04:00 am
on my commute to the grocery store yesterday I heard 'Fooled Around and Fell in Love' by Elvin Bishop - I forgot how much I loved that song. It made me feel like I was back in my brother's Dodge Duster being driven (I couldn't drive yet) to the park - LOVED IT!

hingehead

Reply Wed 20 Jul, 2011 04:38 pm
@aidan,
That is one of those get in your head and stay there tunes.

Today I had a tie between these two, the first for the repetitive chorus and punk poppiness, and the second for the bass line and for her unerring dedication to oddness for over half a century (a pity the studio version isn't on youtube - this version doesn't do the vocal or the bass any favours)

0 Replies

Lizzie Angelina

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2011 12:24 am
@hingehead,
love story -taylor swift
0 Replies

Lizzie Angelina

Reply Tue 26 Jul, 2011 02:17 am
country music
I like it very much
0 Replies