sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 07:40 am
I need to shun him.

(What kind of a name is Colt McCoy, anyway? It's like out of a Barbara Cartland novel.)
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,182 • Replies: 8
No top replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 08:06 am
Gotta admit, it was a great comeback drive.
sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 08:09 am
@DrewDad,
I'd admit it if I weren't shunning you.

(Poor Beanie. Not a good time to get a concussion.)
Setanta

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 08:11 am
Ooooo . . . are we doing shunning now ? ! ? ! ? Will i get shunned . . . oh, please, say it's so ! ! !
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 08:15 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:
Not a good time to get a concussion.

There's a good time for getting a concussion?
sozobe

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 08:17 am
@DrewDad,
Well... no.

But halfway through a championship game in which one was doing really well seems like a particularly bad time.

Hope he stays one more year. I like the Pryor/ Wells combo. (I couldn't believe some of the situations Pryor got himself out of.)
alex240101

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2009 10:19 am
@sozobe,
Michigan here...... (wolverine fan )
I was rooting for the Big Ten. Rooting for the dirty Buckeyes.
Pryor, the freshman, sure did look, cool and calm.
Oklahoma or Florida?
Go sooners.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 11:48 am
@sozobe,
sozobe wrote:

Hope he stays one more year. I like the Pryor/ Wells combo. (I couldn't believe some of the situations Pryor got himself out of.)

I'm sort of torn on this one. I love Beanie. I just think he did the right thing for himself by going NFL. Not to mention, with his talent, he will make watching football on Sundays, that much more fun. I just hope he stays away from the yucky Bengals or Browns. He can do so much better than them. And they both want him. Bad. The Browns want him almost as bad as they want our coach. Wink (which they can't have!) My only worry for Beanie is ...can he stay healthy? His body took a beating this year, making him unable to play a full schedule. And it showed, many times, when he was on field. Injuries seemed easily aggravated with tough plays....when they said he was healthy going into the game.

I am gonna love the Pryor/Boom combo, a LOT! While Pryor/Beanie combo was awesome, I can't help but think Boom might be just a little bit better for Pryor. If you noticed during our games, when it was Pryor/Boom, Boom didn't force Pryor under center, like Beanie does. And Beanie did that a lot. Boom is quick with his eye and finds the holes. Also, does well with any formation. I dunno. I just see great things with both of them.

Boom's still learning, though. Huge mistake on our last drive during the Longhorn game. A TD was great .....but he shoulda fell down at the 5 and ran the clock down. It would have given us the 1st down. We could have just protected the ball and went for a field goal and won. With a LOT less time left for Longhorn snaps. And speaking of Longhorns .... ya have to love em. We have fun everytime we play em'. I know they beat us but they are a class act football team, with the same class act coach and fans. As far as I'm concerned, Florida can talk Tebow all they want .... they should be glad they played the Sooners and not Texas in the NC game.

Anyhow...compare stats between Beanie in his 1st year and Boom in his. Granted, nobody has the stiff arm that Beanie has. Still ......
You're looking at Wells; 13 games with 576 yards on 104 carries with 11 TD's.
Boom shook out at 9 games with 439 yards on 89 carries and 6 TD's. PLUS...Boom never once turned the ball over. The man will continue to grow if he stays healthy. He's gonna be fun to watch.

Looking forward to next year. Here's why....

Losing 3 starters in our O-line? I think that is correct. Anyhow, look at what we are reloading with. I think our O-line will be so flippin much stronger than what we've had. With at least three 5-star talents. Maybe more. Our O-line has sucked!!

Receivers ....We're gonna be absolutely stacked....even with losing Robo.

Pryor ... He is amazing! The way his legs carry him around the field, just makes you go.....OMG! With spring ball ...and practice, he'll get his throwing, more up to par and be a non-stoppable force. Not that it matters...but Pryor is such a damn sweet kid off the field. He really is. I hope he goes far, not just with the Bucks....but way beyond that.

Anyhow........goodbye to Beanie. It's been fun and you are definitely loved around campus and across your fan base. Will miss watching him drag his opponent into the end zone while they're trying to get him down....or dragging them down the field to gain an extra 5 yards. Or....even jumping over them! Laughing
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/374_wells_hurdle1.gif

Someone emailed me this pic after the Longhorn game...

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/seniorsprayingxo2.jpg
McCoy joined in a huddle prayer with the Bucks after the game. Instead of talking smack. How cool is that.

On to 2009 ...... Boom! With tough shoes to fill. He will do it!

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/Boom2.jpg
sozobe

Reply Fri 9 Jan, 2009 12:46 pm
@JustBrooke,
Hi Brooke,

Well, that sounded convincing. I'm glad Pryor is still around anyway. Boy's got poise. (Oooh it rhymes. Smile) Beanie was sure fun to watch.
0 Replies