help , i need to lose weight so that i can get a belly button peircing!

Mon 5 Jan, 2009 04:38 am
I am 13 years of age and i want my belly button peirced.My mom agrees as long as dad does,well i finally got him to say yes ,But thers a catch i am going on 14 in a couple of months,sooo he compramised with me that i can get it peirced but first i haft to get a flat tummy ,not riped or six pack or anything just flat!So please help i really wanna lose my weight as soon as possible all i need to lose is 10 lbs!HELP ME WITH TIPS PLEASE!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 3,512 • Replies: 15
Topic Closed
No top replies

boomerang

Mon 5 Jan, 2009 07:26 am
Drink water. Eat raw fruits and vegetables. Exercise a minimum of 30 minutes a day, at least 5 times a week alternating cardio workouts with strength training.

Good luck!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Mon 5 Jan, 2009 09:39 am
He said you could get it done if you got skinny?

This is not a healthy situation.

I offer no advice. Sorry.
megancoleman08

Mon 5 Jan, 2009 02:53 pm
@megancoleman08,
thanx soo much!
0 Replies

megancoleman08

Fri 9 Jan, 2009 11:19 pm
i dont get it how is it not healthy hes modivating me?
Montana

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 01:25 am
@Bella Dea,
Bella Dea wrote:

He said you could get it done if you got skinny?

This is not a healthy situation.

I offer no advice. Sorry.

I'm sorry, but I'm with Bella. This is not a healthy situation.

May I ask your height and weight now?

I agree with encouraging your children to lose weight if they are at an unhealthy weight, but not otherwise.
roger

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 03:05 am
@megancoleman08,
Well, look. Losing weight isn't a matter of a diet. It involves a change in lifestyle. Anything you lose on a tough diet is going to be regained, and quickly. That's how the metabolism reacts to temporary starvation. Anyhow, if you lose enough to get to that flat stomach in a couple of weeks, your stomach isn't going to be flat. It's going to be flabby and sag. Not a good time for a piercing, in my opinion.
0 Replies

megancoleman08

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 03:48 am
@Montana,
iam 5'10 and 180lbs
roger

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 03:51 am
@megancoleman08,
megancoleman08 wrote:

iam 5'10 and 180lbs

Huh? There's nothing wrong with that at all.
Montana

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 04:02 am
Ok, then it wouldn't hurt you to lose 10 lbs, but as Roger stated, you don't want to lose it that quickly or you'll end up gaining it all back and then some.
Again, as Roger stated, you need to lose it in a healthy way and in a reasonable time. Losing 1 pound a week is more than enough, which will take you 10 weeks to lose.
All you have to do to lose that pound a week is to eat a little less and exercise more. The more exercise you get, the better shape you'll be in.
Of course you want to cut out some of the unhealthy snacks you may enjoy now (I enjoy too Wink and that's about it.

It's exciting to lose weight when the need is there, believe me I've been there. Just take it slow because I'm proof that if you do it fast (like I have) you'll regret it. Do it the right and healthy way and you'll keep it off. Can you imagine gaining back twice as much Shocked

Good luck with your diet and don't be in such a rush to lose the weight. Your bellybutton will wait for you Wink
0 Replies

Montana

Sat 10 Jan, 2009 04:04 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

megancoleman08 wrote:

iam 5'10 and 180lbs

Huh? There's nothing wrong with that at all.

No, but she's a girl and 10 pounds less wouldn't hurt her.

Great to see you (((((((Rog))))))
0 Replies

megancoleman08

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 10:57 pm
thanx all of you for your help im not eating fats anymore, alote of carbs those,cause im 14 and still need energy im having trouble with what fruits too eat cause some have sugars(fat)like apples!
gungasnake

Mon 12 Jan, 2009 11:23 pm
@megancoleman08,
That ( not having a bone or any such through your naval) probably the best reason for leaving an extra ten pounds on which I've ever heard.

0 Replies

megancoleman08

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 12:21 am
n o but i have a bigger stucture than most girls ,im not tiny so my frame has to be a sertan amount of weight ill look anerexic if im 160-below
0 Replies

Montana

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 01:44 am
@megancoleman08,
megancoleman08 wrote:

thanx all of you for your help im not eating fats anymore, alote of carbs those,cause im 14 and still need energy im having trouble with what fruits too eat cause some have sugars(fat)like apples!

Don't worry about the sugars in fruit because those are good sugars. Fruit has a way of helping us lose weight. Apples are perfect. My favorite are bananas, but those are the most fatening fruits, so you may not want to eat too many of those. Apples, oranges, grapes, grapefruit, pears, plums, pineapples, etc are all great and you can pretty much eat all you want of those.
Green veggies work the same way, but be easy on potatoes because they're fatening too. Eat some because they're healthy, but if you eat a lot of potatoes, you might wanna cut back a bit.
Butter and fried foods are also fattening, but I'm sure you already knew that. That includes chips and snacks like that.
I always kept a bowl of fruit on the counter in my kitchen so they were always handy.

If you need any more help, just give me a yell.

Oh, and don't forget the exercise. Exercise not only keeps you in shape, but it's very good for the heart and the brain.

Good luck Megan Very Happy
0 Replies

megancoleman08

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 09:28 pm
thanx anymore advice?
0 Replies