Hot and Spicy Meatloaf recipe needed tonight

Mame

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 09:15 pm
If you can, please provide. I've searched the internet and what I've found is that 1 tsp of cayenne makes it "spicy". Not so!

Thanks in advance.

Rockhead

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 09:17 pm
@Mame,
dried chilis...

(ground)

uhh, do they have them up there, itsa Messcan thing...
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 09:21 pm
Do you usually use tomato sauce? Use salsa instead. Add some chopped jalpenos. Tabasco. Mustard.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 09:33 pm
Caribbean Hot and Spicy Meat Loaf

1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
2 tsps. dry mustard
1 onion, minced
1 jalapeno pepper, minced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsps. salt
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 celery stalk, chopped finely
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 tsps. hot pepper sauce

Combine beef with seasonings, add pepper sauce, and mix well. Add bread crumbs. In a separate bowl, beat egg lightly and combine with milk. Add to beef mixture, and mix well. Pour into well greased ovenproof dish and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.

Jamaican Jerk Meatloaf

Ingredients
1 lb minced lean beef
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3/4 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons caribbean jerk seasoning
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 egg
1 stalk spring onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2 In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
3 On a lightly greased baking sheet mould into a long loaf shape.
4 Bake for 30 minutes.
5 Slice and serve.

If you don't have any jerk sauce, here's the ingredients for a rub. Use these in the meatloaf.

INGREDIENTS
2 tablespoons dried minced onion
2 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
2 teaspoons ground allspice
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS
In a small bowl, stir together the dried onion, thyme, allspice, ground black pepper, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, and salt. Coat meat lightly with oil, then rub seasoning onto meat.
Mame

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 09:41 pm
@Butrflynet,
oooohhh, thank you!!!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 09:45 pm
@Mame,
Made one not long ago with 1 1/2 lb ground beef, 1 cut up onion sauteed in olive oil something like a half hour slow, 3 or 4 cloves of roasted garlic - squished and chopped, a scad of ground pepper, one whole medium egg and one medium egg white whipped, a large amount of good bread crumbs (a mini ciabatta as it happened), and.... ta da.... a half a small can of chipotles in adobo cut up into bits - all smushed into a baking pan and somewhat drenched with a little sherry and more water. I worried that it would be too hot, but it wasn't. Barely.

A whole small can of chipotles, etc. would cut across fire borders for that amount of beef.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 10:20 pm
you need habenero , scotch bonnet or Thai chile peppers. They are all the hottest momma peppers on the SCofield chart of hot peppers.
Mame

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 10:30 pm
@farmerman,
All of it is HOT-sounding, thank you! I didn't have a couple of those ingredients but I used 4 types of HOT peppers (not habaneros, ha ha) - something called payu chiles and some sriracha chile sauce and a couple of others... he likes his food HOT. It's never hot enough, no matter where we go, so thank you. Really. This isn't what I'd eat, but hey, it's his lunch, so... (gack).
0 Replies